Linux learning journey...

ZerroKool

Reaction score
Credits
Hello, my name is David. I am still very new to Linux, but I am gradually moving away from Windows due to security issues and the collecting of private information. I learned that Linux combined with other programming languages may automate a lot, which intrigues me. The objective is to establish a solid foundation and feel secure navigating Linux without the need of gui icons. In the long run, I hope to be able to instruct and share with people who learn in different ways like myself. Looking forward to the journey.

Welcome to the forums
no joke! Did you know Microsoft programmers don't use windows for their work, they have their own version of Linux.
Anyway you will have a learning curve to contend with, so please don't be put off, there are plenty of tutorials on this site to get you started, so kick off your shoes, grab a beer, sit back and enjoy the ride.

Yep, what he said (last sentence, anyway)

Enjoy

Cheers

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

Hello @ZerroKool,
Welcome to Linux.org and the Linux Journey. this page may be of help to you. Enjoy!

Welcome to the forums
no joke! Did you know Microsoft programmers don't use windows for their work, they have their own version of Linux.
Anyway you will have a learning curve to contend with, so please don't be put off, there are plenty of tutorials on this site to get you started, so kick off your shoes, grab a beer, sit back and enjoy the ride.
Thank you for the vote of confidence, and greatful to be in good company. "Hack the planet!!" :) ...sorry recently watched Hackers @Brickwizard @wizardfromoz @kc1di

Thank you for the vote of confidence, and greatful to be in good company. "Hack the planet!!" :) ...sorry recently watched Hackers @Brickwizard @wizardfromoz @kc1di
Hackers!! That's a slam from the past, but certainly a nice one to watch every now and then.

Welcome to the forums and good luck on your learning journey!

Hello.

We have a whole lot of "Dave" and "David" names here. I'm a David, never Dave. I was Dave when I was five.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts