Linux made me paranoid

bobby45

Reaction score
Credits
I still remember when I didn't understand the importance of security. How I used to not care about someone breaking into my computer and blackmailing me with my "Homework" directory, since I never felt shame or attachment for myself. I used to hate how these Linux snobs would emphasize the importance of protecting your data. "These soy fem boys neck beards are trying to turn me into one of them by red pilling me? Don't they spend the entire day on weird forums, constantly bragging about how cool their Window Manager rice is, and trying to outprove each other, just so they can win internet approval? Well, yes. But that doesn't mean what they stand for is wrong. So I started digging the hole and reading some articles for fun.

It turns out, Windows is bloated with spyware and has useless features (just like a smart fridge where you can browse twitter, lol) and MacOS also spies on you with the argument that they are trying to "prevent kids from talking to predators". But that I already knew. So what else, I mean, tell me something new.

-> Wait, are you trying to tell me that someone can easily break into my computer, steal my identity and commit fraud using my name and money, just for fun? Surely no secret government would set me up, they are supposed to be my friends, right? They don't have any agenda, shady deals or favors to fulfill, right? Hey, hey, answer me! Why are you so quiet?
Is that a gun? Hey, chill .... chill!

-> Woff! That was just a dream.

- No, you just passed out.

Sounds like someone has forgotten to take their meds.

Moving this to Off Topic

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

For me it was the other way around.
happy0053.gif

I would rather focus on positive stuff that is in my control than worry about what you can't control - stresses you. Anxiousness and Depression go hand in hand. I just enjoy using whatever I am using my Apple phone or right now MX21 on my Laptop.

Life is too short for the above.

Latest posts