Linux malware is on the rise. Here are three top threats right now

• Thread starter Deleted member 108694
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 108694

Security vendor CrowdStrike says in a new report that the most prevalent Linux-based malware families in 2021 were XorDDoS, Mirai and Mozi, which collectively accounted for 22% of all Linux-based IoT malware that year. These were also a main driver of malware targeting all Linux-based systems, which grew 35% in 2021 compared with 2020.

Security vendor CrowdStrike says in a new report that the most prevalent Linux-based malware families in 2021 were XorDDoS, Mirai and Mozi, which collectively accounted for 22% of all Linux-based IoT malware that year. These were also a main driver of malware targeting all Linux-based systems, which grew 35% in 2021 compared with 2020.
Thanks for this! I think the linux community needs to be more security conscious. I often here people say things like "linux users dont really need anti malware because its fairly secure and viruses are rare"..... Im not one of these people i absolutely believe all systems are under constant threat of viruses, worms ,trojans ,malware, ransomware, rootkits,keyloggers, Adware, Botnets, Cryptominers hogging cpu power, spyware.

People often say that hackers don't generally target linux users because linux OS only take up about 5% of the market whereas macOS takes 25% and windows users comprise 70%.

This kind of logic and thinking is exactly what makes us linux users vulnerable in my opinion. All users are targets regardless of operating system. Although windows is notoriously easier to hack than macOs or linux.

I also notice theres actually not too much software available for antimalware and protection , theres a hand full of programs and most tout CLAMAV as the best but say its not essential. Again i think anti malware is absolutely essential and a decent firewall such as UFW.

these are bare minimum every user should at least have

Members online

No members online now.