Linux Mint signs a partnership with Mozilla (Firefox)

Making disinformation authors, promoters and spreaders visible (not even accountable) doesn't mean removing them, means pointing at them and to how much they invest in spreading it. And that's not political, it's plain ethical.

What is political are many second hand interpretations of that post. In the "terrible" blog post, Mozilla wasn't advocating for the deplatforming, but rather questioning the unilateral deplatforming (by the platforms) as dangerous, and not as useful as one may have thought (source: mozilla blog). What they were advocating was for more transparency and more counter-disinformation sources available.

Now that you mention distrotube, I remember watching his video, and then reading the post, and thinking that we may have had read different posts. So there's that. I really wonder how many actual people read the actual post in its entirety and mindfully, but anyway.

I think this is already off topic so I will respect this thread by leaving it.

While I've spent the last several minutes trying to carefully create a counterclaim, I can see this is going to become a political debate rather-easily, and to avoid walking on eggshells, or getting the mods involved, I'm going to unwatch this post as well

Last edited by a moderator:

I can't complain, I use an android.

The ironic thing is for a company well-known for creating and promoting FOSS (meaning the person or people using it can do so for ANY purpose whatsoever), them wanting to censor the web flies in the face of all of that.

Tolerance of intolerance is not tolerance.

If this confuses you, or interests you, see the Paradox of Tolerance.

Members online

Latest posts