linux on samsung NC110

chiab_gigi

Reaction score
Credits
hello everyone, my name is Luigi and I'm new to the forum.

I hope not to have the wrong section and I hope for your help.

Well, I have a samsung NC110 (minipc) that installed win7Starter with 1gb ram as standard.

Already in itself is an idiocy, both the PC that supports the max 2GB of ram, and those who put it win.

I tried with a usb key and installer to start a linux distribution (kali 32bit) but I got stuck in the middle because it didn't see the pc hardware as a result the drivers

please can you recommend a valid distribution and maybe tell me if i am wrong

thank you

well kali to my understanding is really for Linux hacks ; also if you want to be a linux hack and say use Metasploit you don't have to go for kali . you could go for other distro and simply install the hack programs you want eg slackware has it here: https://slackbuilds.org/repository/14.2/network/metasploit/?search=metasploit i've installed quite a few distro from antix, puppy simply mephis and so on. but from what i read here there is a good feedback for
mint and a few more.

i'm sure others will tell you.

Here you are, form the people themselves

Basically it's used for Pentesting.

hello everyone, my name is Luigi and I'm new to the forum.

I hope not to have the wrong section and I hope for your help.

Well, I have a samsung NC110 (minipc) that installed win7Starter with 1gb ram as standard.

Already in itself is an idiocy, both the PC that supports the max 2GB of ram, and those who put it win.

I tried with a usb key and installer to start a linux distribution (kali 32bit) but I got stuck in the middle because it didn't see the pc hardware as a result the drivers

please can you recommend a valid distribution and maybe tell me if i am wrong

thank you

Go here, there are 25 popular Linux OS's, There are hundreds more out there!

For any Kali Questions, here's the best place. There is also a forum.

Base Images

First of all, thank you all for your help.

Thank you arochester for referring me to the Intel Atom processor distro.

I downloaded lubuntu and created a bootable usb key with balenaEtcher, but there is nothing to do it doesn't start at boot.

In the bios I set it as follows:
1 usb key
2 usb cd
3 other usb
4 sata hdd

I state that I had read that to install from USB I had to disable a setting in the "Advanced" tab, in the BIOS, which says "fast boot". This setting did not work on any external boot device and had to be disabled.

But this entry doesn't exist in my bios.

When I tried to install Kali I had made the USB key with a program that installed a dual boot at startup and allowed me to choose, but I don't remember what it's called.

Members online