List of commands

Pratham

Reaction score
Credits
Hi,
Is there is any list of all commands used in linux ?
I want.

There are many sources of Linux command collections. Most people prefer a "cheat sheet" for the most common ones, but there are some more exhaustive lists too. You might like "The Linux Command Line" by William Shotts... he offers this as a free ebook that you can download here (or updated version 17.10 available here). He also hosts a website... http://linuxcommand.org that can help to learn.

Here is a pretty nice Quick Reference sheet made by O'Reilly Publishing.

The Linux Tutorials section of this website also offers a nice range of command line instruction, from Beginner to Advanced.

There are many sources of Linux command collections. Most people prefer a "cheat sheet" for the most common ones, but there are some more exhaustive lists too. You might like "The Linux Command Line" by William Shotts... he offers this as a free ebook that you can download here (or updated version 17.10 available here). He also hosts a website... http://linuxcommand.org that can help to learn.

Here is a pretty nice Quick Reference sheet made by O'Reilly Publishing.

The Linux Tutorials section of this website also offers a nice range of command line instruction, from Beginner to Advanced.
Thank You

Also, when in doubt, hit the tab key twice.. if you know the command you want starts with a 'c' but can't rmember it fully, you can hit 'c' then tab-tab and it'll show you all of the available options. If you don't start with any letter, tab-tab will show you the thousands of commands available to you :)

Also, when in doubt, hit the tab key twice.. if you know the command you want starts with a 'c' but can't rmember it fully, you can hit 'c' then tab-tab and it'll show you all of the available options. If you don't start with any letter, tab-tab will show you the thousands of commands available to you :)

That's a neat trick I've never seen before... thanks @Rob! But the tab-tab by itself doesn't work for me (Linux Mint)... only using tab-tab following a letter.

That's a neat trick I've never seen before... thanks @Rob! But the tab-tab by itself doesn't work for me (Linux Mint)... only using tab-tab following a letter.
Is this trick work for all linux distro's, or for just ubuntu.

In Gentoo I only get a list of commands when I enter at least the first letter then I get a complete list of commands that start with that but tab-tab with nothing on the cli gets me nothing.

Hello,
I'm new to linux
please ,suggest me material to learn linux

Baliram

Hi,
Is there is any list of all commands used in linux ?
I want.

A-Z- List Linux Commands...

Members online

Latest posts