Log monitoring software

KarlLinux

Reaction score
Credits
Perhaps related to this thread on securing Linux, I have noticed an advertisement on here regarding log monitoring software. It can be time consuming and somewhat difficult to review system logs, so is there any decent applications out there anyone uses to monitoring everything from system logs, errors, access, failed log-ins, mysql, and other application logs? I have heard of log monitoring servers but have not implemented anything as yet. There are lots of software out there to achieve this.

You can try Webmin. it's more than a simple monitoring sortware because you can administer server in a web interface. I use for administrating my webserver, logs and monitoring resource on server.

You can try Webmin. it's more than a simple monitoring sortware because you can administer server in a web interface. I use for administrating my webserver, logs and monitoring resource on server.

Thanks, I love webmin. Couldn't live without it. Have it on all my command line servers. Sometimes it is nice to have a GUI to configure things. Even works on raspberry pi 3.

If you want something simple, I've always used logwatch to forward logging and system events to email. As far as I know, the newer (beta) versions of logwatch support parsing systemd journaling messages, but I cannot attest to that currently because I've only been using it in a sysvinit environment.

Reactions: Rob