Logitech MX Master Mouse -- free-spin scrolling and not ratchet

Shmu26

Reaction score
Credits
As the title says, I am asking about the Logitech MX Master mouse. I am running Ubuntu 18.10.
I installed Solaar from the repository, but I still don't get the option for free-spin scrolling, as opposed to the default ratchet scrolling. I am talking about the middle mouse wheel, which is used for vertical scrolling.
The free-spin scrolling works on Windows.
I checked the Solaar fact page, and it seems that it doesn't support this particular feature for MX Master mouse. Logitech does not believe in feeding drivers to penguins.
Any ideas?

Logitech does not believe in feeding drivers to penguins.

I'd say quack, but I guess they don't make a quack, do they. Why does the above not surprise me.

Welcome to linux.org @Shmu26 :)

I'll have a scout around and see if anything comes to light.

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

Welcome to Linux.org

I had similar problems with my Logitech mouse......linux just doesnt want to know.....I searched heaven and earth for drivers etc to take advantage of that was a damn fine mouse.

All to no avail

Eventually I settled on a Roccat ....these are also not supported by Linux, but they do give a nod to the people in the open source community that do. ...

I still have the blurb here somewhere with which I installed the mouse. (Roccat Pure)

The 'switch' in the left click side of mine has given up the ghost......I have the spare part and will repair that when I move back to civilization.

SO....good luck. Best advice. Find something that fits your hand really nicely. Thats it. yeah I know, really disappointing.

Gaming mice I find to be all blah and little substance......and they look ugly too.

Members online