Looking for A Music Caching Server

CronJob

Reaction score
Credits
Hello everyone.

I am looking for some kind of a caching server for Music streams. I like to listen to Pandora and Amazon Music a lot but after so long, it will pause the stream and wait for confirmation that someone is still listening. I understand very well that streaming costs the service provider money and that they need to control costs by cutting streams that aren't being listened to - I get that.
So my hope is to be able to run a server on my local network that will cache music that I listen to and serve it out to my phone or PC - that way I can have a music stream run all week if I want to, without it requiring continuous streaming from the service provider.
If I could have it work the way that I want it to, it would cache streams from Pandora and/or Amazon, but I'm probably only dreaming - such probably doesn't exist. If Anyone knows about something like that, please let me know. In the absence of such software, I want to be able to hold my own local collection of MP3 music and simply have it stream it to my phone or PC, and hence to my sound system where it will literally play indefinitely.

What software is out there that I can run on my server that would do the job?

Hello everyone.

I am looking for some kind of a caching server for Music streams. I like to listen to Pandora and Amazon Music a lot but after so long, it will pause the stream and wait for confirmation that someone is still listening. I understand very well that streaming costs the service provider money and that they need to control costs by cutting streams that aren't being listened to - I get that.
So my hope is to be able to run a server on my local network that will cache music that I listen to and serve it out to my phone or PC - that way I can have a music stream run all week if I want to, without it requiring continuous streaming from the service provider.
If I could have it work the way that I want it to, it would cache streams from Pandora and/or Amazon, but I'm probably only dreaming - such probably doesn't exist. If Anyone knows about something like that, please let me know. In the absence of such software, I want to be able to hold my own local collection of MP3 music and simply have it stream it to my phone or PC, and hence to my sound system where it will literally play indefinitely.

What software is out there that I can run on my server that would do the job?
https://airsonic.github.io/

https://www.plex.tv/your-media/?utm_campaign=PROI-Branded&utm_medium=CPC&utm_source=google

Members online