Looking for Linux Certification

arjunkumar09

Reaction score
Credits
Hello Everyone, I want to gain Linux certification and I have searched for it for a long time and I have shortlisted a few certifications but I am confused about which one is better for me. I have 1.5 years of experience in PHP and want to become linux certified. Can anyone suggest me which is better for me?

1. LFCS (Linux Foundation Certified System Administrator)
2. Linux+ CompTIA
3. RHCSA (Red Hat Certified System Administrator)
4. Oracle Certified Associate (OCA) | Oracle Linux 5 and 6 System Administrator

Most companies will look for a Red Hat certification, so RHCSA(Red Hat Certified System Administrator) and RHCE(Red Hat Certified System Engineer).

G'day @arjunkumar09 and welcome to linux.org :)

From a moderator's point of view, I can't tell you what a pleasure it is to have someone from your country who is legitimate and not a spammer (3/4 of our spammers are from India, take no offence), although we have a number of legitimate members, they are not seeking certifications. :)

My good friend @f33dm3bits has credentials in Red Hat, so I would certainly not argue that subject.

But I would like us to learn a bit more about what are you seeking in terms of employment, for example:

• working as a freelance consultant
  • working for a firm which has a bricks and mortar presence, handling their networking or other
  • have you checked to see what firms/potential customers are using, eg Redhat, Ubuntu Server, SLES (Suse Linux Enterprise Systems), or other?
  • Other
From my limited knowledge, and from your options, 1. and 3. are well spoken of.

Cheers

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

As @wizardfromoz has hinted, it all depends on what you want to do with Linux system administration.

The last time I looked at LFCS and Linux+, they were both essentially the same cert. A good, basic, but general certification for Linux System Administrators. RHCSA and OCA are both more advanced and are targeted more towards Red Hat or Oracle based Linux installations. All are good. So understand where your potential work opportunities are, what experience you may have with system administration, and ask what potential employers may be looking for in a System Administrator.

@vijay.uploader, some new Linux certifications have come to market this year.
Here I am listing a few of them:
  1. Linux Foundation Certified Cloud Technician (LFCT)
  2. Linux Foundation Certified System Administrator (LFCS)
Apart from this, there is a lot of good Linux certification listed here.

Members online