Looking for user friendly IDE for Linux Based Embedded Applications Development with Debugging Option for Runtime Issues Analysis.

LokeshR

Reaction score
Credits
Hi All,

We have a Embedded product developed probably 10+ years back with below details.

Processor: TI's OMAP-L138 C6000™ DSP+ ARM® Processor.
Kernel: v2.6.37 Linux Kernel (uImage) built using TI's 'arm-arago-linux-gnueabi' toolchain & Linux platform 'am18x-omapl13x-ti-linux-2.6.37'.
File System: JFFS2 type built using busy box v1.13.2 ( 2010-12-21 19:28:47 CST ).
Compiler: GCC compiler version 4.5.3 20110311.

We are facing runtime issues like
1. Memory leaks - Some issues we found using top command and fixed, but looks like some more issues are there which top command is not able to show-up.
2. GUI ( LCD ) Hanging - Found LCD Freezing at some point.
3. Some times all user processes (started by main process including main process) are going to Stopped(T) state - Main Process is responsible for invoking other processes and to monitor other process healthy-ness periodically.

We need to analyze & debug our user application codes and see where exactly the issues are.

Currently we deployed development environment in Ubuntu 21.04 installed on Oracle VM Virtual Box 6.1 for building our applications. And through WinSCP software (using our product IP) on Windows we are moving binaries to our product.

Also looking for Good/Better approach to move to latest Linux OS, Busy box and Compiler.

Any help/guidance is highly appreciated and more valuable for our further investigation and development.

Thanks in Advance,
Lokesh R

Welcome to the forums,
sorry I can't help with your programming,[I am a hardware man] but as 2.6.37 [released 1st Jan. 2011] wasn't even a LTS kernel, I guess you boys are a bit like me with the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" approach.
Our members are spread across all the time zones, so it may take a while for you to get a reply

Why would you opt to use 21.04? That's no longer supported. Try a more recent, or at least supported, version. That'll eliminate all sorts of problems.

Members online

Latest posts