Lost data?

jacc90220

Reaction score
Credits
Hi, I had a netbook (Acer Aspire One) with Linux Mint and put her HDD in other laptop with Ubuntu 20.0.4. I tried to view the information but it not appears, only can view a files like alternatives.tar.1.gz, dpkg.arch.1.gz... in the folder. Could you help me in order to recovery the informaton?. Thanks in advanced.

Hi Chris, thaks for answer. My Acer One had Linux Mint installed (I commented this in my previous post) but I had problems with the configuration of MySQL server and i had stored several personal information (most important: photos of my family). My old Toshiba with a new SSD is working very good and I decided to replace the Optical unit (broken) with HDD's Acer. When I started and tried to view the data in the HDD, were not in the folder and only appears several files named alternatives.tar.1.gz, dpkg.arch.1.gz... I have no idea what happened.

Normally what I do is connect up the second drive, open computer, choose the second drive, right click to open, and it should display all the files and folders.... UNLESS you encrypted that drive

Normally what I do is connect up the second drive, open computer, choose the second drive, right click to open, and it should display all the files and folders.... UNLESS you encrypted that drive
Ok, thanks, what I do if the drive was encrypted? I'm looking some method about this.

Staff online

Members online