Lubuntu 21.04 is shortly reaching its EOL. This is true for all Ubuntu flavors.

KGIII

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
From @guiverc @Lubuntu Discourse:

Of which the most important would be:

This means if you’re still using Lubuntu 21.04, you have at most a week to plan and perform your release-upgrade to move to the newer Lubuntu 21.10 release. If you don’t upgrade in time, you’ll find all security updates will cease, and adding software or subsequent release-upgrades maybe become more difficult.

You have been warned.

Yep, gonna have to give away my hairy (Hirsute) Hippo.

Wiz

Yup. Time to wave goodbye to the Hippo. Impish is next. Then comes Jammy, which will be a LTS.

I did like that wallpaper (why I used it in the post).

I do feel somewhat guilty not using the default wallpaper in the post (given I suspect that's what most users will likely associate with 21.04), but it'll be that wallpaper/image that I'll miss the most.

( When did I actually see that wallpaper the most? Mostly after QA-test installs of *impish* or 21.10; where I'd have to boot other OSes that I was installing alongside to confirm they weren't touched... this is when I really notice the wallpapers the most.. That scene I always found calming, so I'd take a second, relax & look, before logging in (it was used at `sddm` if I recall correctly) to ensure the install was indeed untouched.... in a few days my 21.04 installs will become jammy installs as I QA-test install that alongside instead )

If anyone didn't realize it; not just flavors are EOL but all 21.04.

Last edited:
I did like that wallpaper (*why I used it in the post*).

It was also fairly unique among the Lubuntu wallpapers that I remember.

On VMs, I never touch the wallpaper. In bare metal, I usually just slap a picture of a BMW on there and call it good. There's almost always a full-screen application open and I seldom see my wallpaper for any length of time. I don't even have icons on my desktop. I remove them all as unnecessary clutter. I open things from the quick launch or menu.

Members online

Latest posts