Lubuntu Installation Issues

Michael Closson

Reaction score
Credits
Tried to install Linux mint on a wiped hard drive with a Lenovo X130E I thought it was an issue with my bootable flash drive. Decided to try lubuntu (same laptop) got most of the way through installing and got thi error message

Boost.Python error in job "bootloader".

Command 'grub-install --target=x86_64-efi --efi-directory=/boot/efi --bootloader-id=ubuntu --force' returned non-zero exit status 1.

Installing for x86_64-efi platform. Could not prepare Boot variable: Invalid argument grub-install: error: efibootmgr failed to register the boot entry: Input/output error.

Traceback:

File "/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/calamares/modules/bootloader/main.py", line 420, in run
prepare_bootloader(fw_type)

File "/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/calamares/modules/bootloader/main.py", line 387, in prepare_bootloader
install_grub(efi_directory, fw_type)

File "/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/calamares/modules/bootloader/main.py", line 261, in install_grub
"--force"])

File "<string>", line 6, in <module>

G'day Michael, and welcome to linux.org :)

Which Lubuntu, Mate? 18.04 or 18.10?

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

BTW

Also, was it the same error with the Mint (and which Mint)? And did you prefer Mint?

Wiz

BTW

Also, was it the same error with the Mint (and which Mint)? And did you prefer Mint?

Wiz
Lubuntu 18.10 64 bit
and I was interested in Mint and lubuntu because they are very lightweight and this laptop is a POS. Im not really partial to either, Im running Kali on my desktop but for this laptop I wanted something that the system could handle better. With Mint grub2 wasnt installing, there was no error log (that I could find) so I dont know exactly what went wrong.

Lubuntu 18.10 64 bit
and I was interested in Mint and lubuntu because they are very lightweight and this laptop is a POS. Im not really partial to either, Im running Kali on my desktop but for this laptop I wanted something that the system could handle better. With Mint grub2 wasnt installing, there was no error log (that I could find) so I dont know exactly what went wrong.
Try Zorin Lite.

Members online