Lutris Problems

ed1998

Reaction score
Credits
I have installed Pop Os 20.04, did some tweaking, installed steam+wine+lutris. I have no problems using steam but when it comes to lutris I am 0 as i never even used it before. I have linked my steam account to lutris and i have installed few games on steam but nothing shows up on lutris. I am lost. I try to hit install button on games but nothing happens. I have watched youtube tutorials and have done web searches but have gotten nowhere. I have downloaded latest version of lutris through official website + using terminal, but people who try to explain lutris seems to have different version? And i do not get all answers additionally.

How do i add games to lutris? How do i add steam games? Installing games on lutris is different than installing games on steam, or the same deal? If i am able to play steam games on lutris, will steam's launch options for each game work? Or only lutris' launch options take effect? Do games run better/more efficient/more fps on lutris when compared to steam or it varies for each game.

I am a complete fruitcake when it comes to linux, its hard to learn for noobies like me but its getting easier gradually. Any kind of help or advice will be appreciated.

Cheers.

I have no experience with Lutris, I just run all my games through Steam/Proton since I rather buy my games from Steam to support them as they have done a lot in the past years to improve gaming on GNU/Linux. From what I have seen from how Lutris works it's just basically installing Lutris, then selecting the game you want to install, click install and then the Lutris install scripts does the rest.

I have no experience with Lutris, I just run all my games through Steam/Proton since I rather buy my games from Steam to support them as they have done a lot in the past years to improve gaming on GNU/Linux. From what I have seen from how Lutris works it's just basically installing Lutris, then selecting the game you want to install, click install and then the Lutris install scripts does the rest.

Thanks for reply. I have seen these 2 videos i believe but my lutris version is newer, when they tell me to "import games" option at the top left corner, my lutris does not even have that option. I tried to install games on lutris but when i press install button below a title nothing happens. Id wish to expand my possibilities on linux with lutris but steam offers me quite enough.

Thanks for reply. I have seen these 2 videos i believe but my lutris version is newer, when they tell me to "import games" option at the top left corner, my lutris does not even have that option. I tried to install games on lutris but when i press install button below a title nothing happens. Id wish to expand my possibilities on linux with lutris but steam offers me quite enough.
I just installed Lutris but it seems you need to have purchased a title from GOG in order to install it through Lutris. What game are you trying to install?

I just installed Lutris but it seems you need to have purchased a title from GOG in order to install it through Lutris. What game are you trying to install?

I was trying to install steam game through Lutris, since only my steam account is linked. Lutris displays all of my purchased titles but the install button refuses to work.
Screenshot from 2021-01-19 20-39-24.png

From what I understand the older versions showcased in youtube tutorials have 2 functions on the top left corner, add a new game and import games. For me I only have add new game function where i could select a file on my system and install to play for example a dvd game. The other function which i do not have the "import games" is not on my version of Lutris.

Last edited:
Looks like the version you have installed and the one I have installed look mostly the same because I don't have the import games function either. I did a bit of clicking around seems like from within Lutris you can install different runners that control how the game is launched.

So you would most likely have to choose which runner you want to launch your game with, probably want to use either Steam, Wine, Wine Steam or Linux depending on the game you want to launch. Then you have the sources Lutris, Humble Bundle or Steam; My guess is whe using the Steam or Wine Steam runner you won't need any extra sources, but when using Lutris, GOG and Humble Bundle. So my guess is you will probably have to do something like this:
1. Search the game from your source.
2. Click on the game you want to install and it will ask you with what runner you would like to use to launch it and then it you will go through some sort of setup.

Seems though with Steam as as a source you will somehow have to sync your Steam account library with Lutris which I haven't figured out how to do that yet but I would say if you are going to use the Steam runner you might as well use Steam/Proton directly. Anything you can't find on Steam to use the Lutris, Humble Bundle and GOG sources and then select the appropriate runner when installing a selected Game. You don't always need a tutorial to figure out how something works, you will get a long way if you just take the time to click around the program yourself.

Members online