Manually Install windows based .exe drivers in Mint. No Internet

^^^.....what @kc1di said !

How exactly did you install Mint-20.2-cinnamon-64bit ??

Creating a usb stick so that it is bootable, to then arrive at a 'live' session of LM is easy

Download the desired LM to your desktop...or wherever suits you.....

Use Balena Etcher to 'burn' the file just downloaded to the usb stick

Reboot the PC/laptop, and choose to boot to that usb stick.....I am unsure which F button you hit to enter the boot order on a hp etc etc..... @kc1di will likely know that or @brickwizard

Once it has booted you can play around with it to your hearts content....just be aware that once you reboot back to your other OS, all info/changes on the usb stick will be lost.

You can install by clicking on the "Install Linux MInt" on the desktop.

Sorry for being a pain.... The only internet connection I have access too is via another 'WIN 10' laptop. I've tried searching and downloading the b43 driver with no success. I envisaged downloading the file using 'google', transfer to a usb and go from there. Clearly I'm doing something wrong but damned if I know what. I cannot find a site that allows me to download. I tried unsuccessfully to use the https://packages.ubuntu.com/focal/firmware-b43-installer site. Is there a site that caters to a simple download via 'WIN10'? Being a newbie delving into Linux for the 1st time seems overwhelming, especially when I don't know what I'm doing. Thank you for your tolerance. Cheers to all..

@Seebs
If you tried to re-install to the hard drive and are still having problems, check out the basic install steps in Post #14 in this threadhttps://www.linux.org/threads/parrot-os-from-the-windows-command-line.38671/#post-149435

If you have installed it in a VM [Virtual machine] inside your windows, I have read that to connect to the internet you will need a second dedicated Wi-Fi

'OH..YEAH!!!'...'HI FIVE!!!'.. 'YIPPEEEE!!!'.. (insert expletives and self berating rant here).. What a flamin' fiasco I created for myself. All is good and the wifi is now working. I was making making a very 'rookie' mistake. Here's the cause and fix: I kept installing Cinnamon without ethernet connection hence it was not 'picked up'. I did a fresh install with the ethernet connected and 'voila!!', I had access to the internet. Via a terminal I keyed 'sudo apt-get update -y' followed by 'sudo apt-get install -y firmware-b43-installer'. Rebooted and jumped for joy with the result. Please accept my very HUGE and grateful thanks. The quick responses and offered help is very encouraging and heart-warming. Thanks again.. Cheers to all..

Now this 64 year old fart gets to play.... haha

'OH..YEAH!!!'...'HI FIVE!!!'.. 'YIPPEEEE!!!'.. (insert expletives and self berating rant here).. What a flamin' fiasco I created for myself. All is good and the wifi is now working. I was making making a very 'rookie' mistake. Here's the cause and fix: I kept installing Cinnamon without ethernet connection hence it was not 'picked up'. I did a fresh install with the ethernet connected and 'voila!!', I had access to the internet. Via a terminal I keyed 'sudo apt-get update -y' followed by 'sudo apt-get install -y firmware-b43-installer'. Rebooted and jumped for joy with the result. Please accept my very HUGE and grateful thanks. The quick responses and offered help is very encouraging and heart-warming. Thanks again.. Cheers to all..

Now this 64 year old fart gets to play.... haha
Glad you got it. Next time will be easier :) enjoy!

Members online