Mapping network drives in Ubuntu from Windows domain (script)

Diego Gómez

Reaction score
Credits
Goodnight,

First of all, inform you that I am the most novice level that there is in Linux, I am starting in this world, and I am trying to perform a task.

After getting to put a Linux machine in a domain with Active Directory in Windows, I get to map the network units manually, however, my idea would be to make that when the session is already mapped. On Windows I use some .bat scripts, and when I log in, I'm already loaded with network drives and I wanted to get something like that on my Ubuntu computer.

I wanted to know, if you already use this method and know what is the philosophy to map network units that are in a Windows domain on an Ubuntu computer.

My question is, its possible in Ubuntu to do this, or in this aspect is it limited? For example, in the issue of permissions, in Ubuntu there are three types of permissions, however in Windows they can be put on demand. So my question is if in Ubuntu it is possible to do what I want to do, not to fight or spend time on something that maybe is not possible.

Thank you and I hope you have explained correctly.

Regards,

G'day Diego and welcome to linux.org :)

I am moving this Thread to Command Line, because of the scripting and batch file references.

Hopefully you will get the attention you need there.

Good luck :D

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

Hi,

I want to make a correction for my post!!!!!!!

First of all, inform you that I am the most novice level that there is in Linux, I am starting in this world, and I am trying to perform a task.

After getting to put a Linux machine in a domain with Active Directory in Windows, I get to map the network units manually, however, my idea would be to make that when the session is already mapped. On Windows I use some .bat scripts, and when I log in, I'm already loaded with network drives and I wanted to get something like that on my Ubuntu computer.

I wanted to know, if you already use this method and know what is the philosophy to map automatically network units that are in a Windows domain on user logons from Ubuntu computers.

My question is, its possible in Ubuntu to do this, or in this aspect is it limited? For example, in the issue of permissions, in Ubuntu there are three types of permissions, however in Windows they can be put on demand. So my question is if in Ubuntu it is possible to do what I want to do, not to fight or spend time on something that maybe is not possible.

Thank you and I hope you have explained correctly.

Members online

Latest posts