Mass Email Setup

O

owarnes

I've a requirement to send 250,000 emails a month. Apart from DKIM and SPF what are the main pitfalls. I am worried about reputation and handling bounces etc. I could be tempted by 3rd emailing services because of this as they take a lot of the work out of it.

Depending on how frequently the emails are sent, you may have problems with reputation sure. And server lag could eventually become a problem but that depends on the hardware.

1. Set the correct DNS resolution for your IP. I am saying about the name in the reverse DNS zone.
  2. Check that your mail server sends in the HELO handshake. The name should to correspond to the domain of sending mails.
  3. Check that messages have a correct address in the From: field. Some mail servers can perform a check by trying to deliver a mail to these addresses.

That's interesting¬

Check that messages have a correct address in the From: field. Some mail servers can perform a check by trying to deliver a mail to these addresses.

I see a lot of emails coming from noreply@ -it's like they don't want the business that are trying to generate by sending the email -lol:p

I must admit services such as amazon for sending mail are tempting here, as set up and admin it easier and feels less riskier.

Members online

Latest posts