Matrix 4 movie - disappointed

smooth_buddha

Reaction score
Credits
I was so excited about there been a new matrix 4 movie becuse I’m a huge huge huge fan of the matrix trilogy movies. But it broke my heart to watch this latest 4th movie-I thought it was terrible, it Lacked all the characteristics that made the original movies a masterpiece . It was a huge anti climax as I was expecting the 4th movie to have some of the soul of the originals but I was completely wrong in that assumption. The movie didn’t make that much sense , the action scenes felt rushed and at times the movie dragged , felt like it didn’t have a pace. It felt more like a joke film than a serious sequel!

anybody else seen the matrix 4? What were your thoughts?

I was so excited about there been a new matrix 4 movie becuse I’m a huge huge huge fan of the matrix trilogy movies. But it broke my heart to watch this latest 4th movie-I thought it was terrible, it Lacked all the characteristics that made the original movies a masterpiece . It was a huge anti climax as I was expecting the 4th movie to have some of the soul of the originals but I was completely wrong in that assumption. The movie didn’t make that much sense , the action scenes felt rushed and at times the movie dragged , felt like it didn’t have a pace. It felt more like a joke film than a serious sequel!

anybody else seen the matrix 4? What were your thoughts?
I liked it. That and Reloaded are my favorites.

I only liked the first Matrix film. I thought the sequels were utter trash. I probably won’t bother watching the 4th film!
I also thought first movie was the best , but i also enjoyed the whole trilogy. I will never forget the first time i saw the first matrix, it literally blew my mind and straight after watching it i immediately put my pirated vhs copy back into my vcr player, rewound it and re wached the whole movie agian. No movie has ever impacted me the way the matrix did

I only liked the first Matrix film. I thought the sequels were utter trash. I probably won’t bother watching the 4th film!

^ THIS - except I didn't like the first one all that much, other than an appreciation for the special effects. The idea of using humans for batteries is just plain absurd. There are far better energy sources and even at the best of times we don't create much additional energy. The inefficiencies in the system just made for bad story-telling with a plot line that was utter nonsense.

But, the special effects were pretty sweet!

I miss the days when science fiction was written by scientists in order to explain their theories/hypotheses.

I rate this movie 1 star and society is worse because of it.

^ THIS - except I didn't like the first one all that much, other than an appreciation for the special effects. The idea of using humans for batteries is just plain absurd. There are far better energy sources and even at the best of times we don't create much additional energy. The inefficiencies in the system just made for bad story-telling with a plot line that was utter nonsense.

But, the special effects were pretty sweet!

I miss the days when science fiction was written by scientists in order to explain their theories/hypotheses.

I rate this movie 1 star and society is worse because of it.
One concept i thought they may have predicted quite well is that Machines will overthrow the humans!
I suppose in a way the modern computers have already put humans aside, the machines just are not self aware yet, but if and when they do become self aware they may have no need for biological organisms and we will be done for

when they do become self aware

(Not intended to be mean, just logical.) That's the logical fallacy of 'begging the question.' It's one of my favorite fallacies and often misunderstood. The question you're begging is, "Will the machines become self-aware?" At this time, we have no evidence of such. Right now, there's really no model for that to even happen.

And, well, if a machine becomes self-aware we can just unplug it.

But, by all means, enjoy any movies you darned well please. I enjoy some absolutely horrible movies!

My favorite movie of all times, at least when asked, is "Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins." It's absurd, but in an awesome way.

I thought the first one was the best, the two after that were okay. I fell asleep watching the 4th one, I'm not going to re-watch it because from the parts where I was still awake it just didn't feel like a Matrix movie.

I thought the first one was the best, the two after that were okay. I fell asleep watching the 4th one, I'm not going to re-watch it because from the parts where I was still awake it just didn't feel like a Matrix movie.
yeah i stil cannot believe how bad the 4th movie was, i wish i could unwatch it. It really made no sense, but im still a masscive matrix fan that will never change

(Not intended to be mean, just logical.) That's the logical fallacy of 'begging the question.' It's one of my favorite fallacies and often misunderstood. The question you're begging is, "Will the machines become self-aware?" At this time, we have no evidence of such. Right now, there's really no model for that to even happen.

And, well, if a machine becomes self-aware we can just unplug it.

But, by all means, enjoy any movies you darned well please. I enjoy some absolutely horrible movies!

My favorite movie of all times, at least when asked, is "Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins." It's absurd, but in an awesome way.
I think in time as technology progresses machines will become self aware, but not in our lifetime, at least not to the extent we see in movies.

I think in time as technology progresses machines will become self aware, but not in our lifetime, at least not to the extent we see in movies.

I don't see any reason to believe that'll happen, but we'd just be speculating.

I don't see any reason to believe that'll happen, but we'd just be speculating.
You never know. The technology we have today other past civilizations may not have thought it was possible if they had heard of it.

I honestly believe A.I is already here ,but Not made public. I suspect it’s utilised by the milatary and used to detect and thwart possible Threats. I think the powers to be are too tempted of the power of A.I. I would bet there are multiple quantum computers and A.I mining personal data from the internet

I honestly believe A.I is already here ,but Not made public. I suspect it’s utilised by the milatary and used to detect and thwart possible Threats. I think the powers to be are too tempted of the power of A.I. I would bet there are multiple quantum computers and A.I mining personal data from the internet
It's been said that the military is years ahead in advanced technology that we haven't seen yet.

It's been said that the military is years ahead in advanced technology that we haven't seen yet.
i remember about 8 years ago seeing something called "argus" which was high resolution gigapixel cameras on drones that can actually record video in real time from above. Its was incredibble they culd zoom in on a peeny on the floor from miles and miles up in the air! god only knows what they have that we are not aware of

Members online