merging 2 .pdf into 1

marbles

Reaction score
Credits
is there a way to merge two pdf documents into one?

i only know how to use gui so please no terminal directions

thx for reading

we poor people use linux because we have to

so we try and to get help from this forum

and now the forum just says to use google

which defeats the purpose of having a forum

forget it

i withdraw the question.

sorry for bothering everybody

There are many online tools, why not use them? Anyway someone else may have a better solution don't withdraw just yet

@marbles - You wanted a GUI way of doing it, @Terminal Velocity mentioned googling merging 2 pdf files, because there are tons of free, online converters that will allow you to merge two files in your browser.

Maybe not an ideal solution, but it is a solution nonetheless. And as it’s in your browser, it technically counts as a GUI way of doing it.

Personally, I think pdftk is a great way of natively merging multiple pdf files. I use it a lot. Very quick and very simple. However, it is a terminal based solution, so I won’t say any more about that.

From a quick bit of DuckDuckGo-fu, There are several GUI programs for merging pdf files in Linux:
PDFArranger, PDFChain, PDF Mix Tool, PDFJumbler.

I know that PDF Arranger is available in the software repos of most distros. So check your package manager. That will probably be your best bet.

Some distros have slightly older versions of it, but the latest version is also available as a flatpak. So again, PDF Arranger might be a good bet.

As for the other three, (PDF Chain, PDF Mix Tool, PDF Jumbler) - I don’t know a lot about them. They may have pre-built packages available, or you may have to build and install them from source. IDK!

@marbles - You wanted a GUI way of doing it, @Terminal Velocity mentioned googling merging 2 pdf files, because there are tons of free, online converters that will allow you to merge two files in your browser.

Maybe not an ideal solution, but it is a solution nonetheless. And as it’s in your browser, it technically counts as a GUI way of doing it.

Personally, I think pdftk is a great way of natively merging multiple pdf files. I use it a lot. Very quick and very simple. However, it is a terminal based solution, so I won’t say any more about that.

From a quick bit of DuckDuckGo-fu, There are several GUI programs for merging pdf files in Linux:
PDFArranger, PDFChain, PDF Mix Tool, PDFJumbler.

I know that PDF Arranger is available in the software repos of most distros. So check your package manager. That will probably be your best bet.

Some distros have slightly older versions of it, but the latest version is also available as a flatpak. So again, PDF Arranger might be a good bet.

As for the other three, (PDF Chain, PDF Mix Tool, PDF Jumbler) - I don’t know a lot about them. They may have pre-built packages available, or you may have to build and install them from source. IDK!
@marbles
Jas, here's most of the list that comes in Flatpak (as you said) on Linux Mint 21.1 Vera.
The ones you mentioned, as well as several others are there.
So here you go marbles; the rest is up to you.

Screenshot at 2023-02-12 18-13-00.png

I think there are several here that marbles can choose from.
OG TC

is there a way to merge two pdf documents into one?

i only know how to use gui so please no terminal directions
Another one https://pdfsam.org/ You have two options:
1676248207286.png

I won't ask for your distro, cause you seem to be reluctant to make some effort of your own, but if you do happen to use some deb based one, then you can install. Note you need java installed.

Last edited:
I used to use Master PDF Editor that @Lord Boltar suggested, when it shipped with a Distro called UberStudent I used from 2017 to 2019. Its Dev was an educator named Stephen Ewen and it had all sorts of goodies but he had to put it on hold in 2019 when his son was battling with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia.

It was very very good, and easy to work with, then.

Wizard

From poppler-tools-23:

Code:
pdfunite(1)                                             General Commands Manual                                             pdfunite(1)

NAME
pdfunite - Portable Document Format (PDF) page merger

SYNOPSIS
pdfunite [options] PDF-sourcefile1..PDF-sourcefilen PDF-destfile

DESCRIPTION
pdfunite  merges  several  PDF  (Portable  Document Format) files in order of their occurrence on command line to one PDF result
file.

Neither of the PDF-sourcefile1 to PDF-sourcefilen should be encrypted.

OPTIONS
-v     Print copyright and version information.

-h     Print usage information.  (-help and --help are equivalent.)

EXAMPLE
pdfunite sample1.pdf sample2.pdf sample.pdf

merges all pages from sample1.pdf and sample2.pdf (in that order) and creates sample.pdf

AUTHOR
The pdfunite software and documentation are copyright 1996-2004 Glyph & Cog, LLC and copyright 2005-2011 The Poppler  Developers
- http://poppler.freedesktop.org

SEE ALSO
pdfdetach(1), pdffonts(1), pdfimages(1), pdfinfo(1), pdftocairo(1), pdftohtml(1), pdftoppm(1), pdftops(1), pdftotext(1) pdfsepa-
rate(1), pdfsig(1)

Staff online