Message I get every time I shut down (Solved)

gwb21471

Reaction score
Credits
I get this message every time I shut down or restart my computer. There is no update download. I running deepin os version 20.6. I wrote to deepin support and got no answer.

Attachments

• 444989E5-0E7A-4DAE-8C46-C6B0B978F88D.jpeg
    444989E5-0E7A-4DAE-8C46-C6B0B978F88D.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 213

Isn't Deepin OS based on Ubuntu? If you don't utilize unattended-upgrades, you can remove it, which should get rid of the message.

Let's test something first...

Start your computer and run the following computer.

Code:
sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade -y && sudo reboot

Does it reboot without the error?

Do what @KGIII has suggested above, First.

Then, read what i have pasted below..

Disable unattended upgrades on Ubuntu​

To disable unattended upgrades on Ubuntu and its derivatives, run:

$ sudo dpkg-reconfigure unattended-upgrades
Choose No and hit ENTER to disable unattended upgrades.

Disable Unattended Upgrades On Ubuntu
You can also remove it altogether if you don't want it anymore.

$ sudo apt remove unattended-upgrades
It doesn't remove any other software on your Ubuntu system, so it is safe to remove unattended upgrades package.

From now on, your Ubuntu system doesn't automatically download and install important updates. You have to manually download and install updates once in a while by using commands:

$ sudo apt update
$ sudo apt upgrade
The Unattended Upgrades feature is enabled by default and it runs at system boot without user's permission. This might be helpful for casual users who wants to keep their system up-to-date without user-intervention. But for testing systems, It is completely unnecessary, so I disabled it in all my Ubuntu VMs.

Last edited:
Isn't Deepin OS based on Ubuntu? If you don't utilize unattended-upgrades, you can remove it, which should get rid of the message.
Deepin is based on Debian unstable (Sid)

An old Linux friend of mine used to run Debian Sid and he explained to me that you have to be very good with fixing broken packages in order to run Debian unstable.

Do what @KGIII has suggested above, First.

Then, read what i have pasted below..

Disable unattended upgrades on Ubuntu​

To disable unattended upgrades on Ubuntu and its derivatives, run:

$ sudo dpkg-reconfigure unattended-upgrades
Choose No and hit ENTER to disable unattended upgrades.

You can also remove it altogether if you don't want it anymore.

$ sudo apt remove unattended-upgrades
It doesn't remove any other software on your Ubuntu system, so it is safe to remove unattended upgrades package.

From now on, your Ubuntu system doesn't automatically download and install important updates. You have to manually download and install updates once in a while by using commands:

$ sudo apt update
$ sudo apt upgrade
The Unattended Upgrades feature is enabled by default and it runs at system boot without user's permission. This might be helpful for casual users who wants to keep their system up-to-date without user-intervention. But for testing systems, It is completely unnecessary, so I disabled it in all my Ubuntu VMs.
I did everything you said and i got the same message when i wanted to restart or shut down. So i went to my service list to see if i can find it in the list of services running and found it. It was enable to run at all times. So i disable it and set it up not to run. Now i don't get the message when i restart or shut down the computer.

Members online

Latest posts