Reaction score
Credits
Hello

with a script (i just started) i wish
sudo mkdir -p ~/Downloads/media-rip/
cd ~/Downloads/media-rip/
sudo abcde -o flac
this done like this works.
BUT I can't add a cover Art into the directory because with sudo it's becoming root and the logged in user is not root

so is there a way to create the directory everybody is able to add (the cover Art) into the directory?

have a nice day
vinc

I guess my first question would be, why is sudo necessary for any of those commands?

@KGIII i think was to late at night.
yes it works without sudo too and so i have less problem too.
sorry

@Lord Boltar abcde works just fine also in my script this tool is not to much the problem!

metaflac question too,
i have the directory
~/Musik/media-rip/
abcde rip the CD, create a subdirectory with the titel and put the file in this new directory
~/Musik/media-rip/ at this level i have a cover.jpg file

with metaflac the file should be added to the flac file
find ~/Musik/media-rip/ -name "*.flac" -print0 |xargs -0 metaflac --import-picture-from="3|~/Musik/media-rip/cover.jpg"
the first part to find the file works but the to add the picture i got a error

/home/vkocher/Musik/media-rip/Johannes_Brahms;_Wiener_Philharmoniker,_Herbert_von_Karajan,_Wiener_Singverein,_Barbara
_Hendricks,_José_van_Dam-Ein_deutsches_Requiem/2.Ein_deutsches_Requiem,_op._45_II._Denn_alles_Fleisch,_es_ist_wie_Gra
s.flac: ERROR: while parsing picture specification "3|~/Musik/media-rip/cover.jpg": invalid picture specification

find ~/Musik/media-rip/ -name "*.flac" -print0 |xargs -0 metaflac --import-picture-from="~/Musik/media-rip/cover.jpg"

removing the 3 still make error (3 would be default Front Art Cover)

giving a push up - maybe somebody has a hint where to dig for the Problem

Staff online