Microsoft 365 with Wine

flickerfairy

Reaction score
Credits
I'm having all kinds of issues trying to get this to work. Probably because I don't know what I'm doing.
I tried using playonlinux to install office 10, but I don't know what file to select when it asks for the install file. I feel like it should be obvious, but again, I don't know what I'm doing lol.
I have a subscription to microsoft 365, so I looked into that. I tried following the instructions (starting at installation instructions) at this link:
https://appdb.winehq.org/objectMana...e&sClass=version&sTitle=&sReturnTo=&iId=35527
The export command did nothing. I followed everything else. The installation fails. I've attached the log file. This is what the terminal spits out: wine: Assertion failed at address 0xf7f6d049 (thread 0032), starting debugger...
Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• errorlog.txt
    5.1 KB · Views: 951

I had seen that before, but I hadn't really read into it because I had other plans at that point lol. Looking at it now, option 1 doesn't work because I need the features left out in the online version of excel, option 2 doesn't work because it requires a lisence that I do not have, and I'm wary of option 3 because setting up a vm seems much too complex for me. I might have to try the virtual machine though. I just thought installing through wine would be easier.

Setting up a VM is not so bad.

Plenty of people here have that arrangement up and running....therefore there will be plenty of help available

Members online

Latest posts