Mint won’t Boot.

Noofthab

Reaction score
Credits
I have a Mac Book Pro 2009 and I completely formatted the HD for Linux. I never got it to work that well and now at boot all I get is: Failed to set MoklistRT: Invalid Parameter
There is a few more lines about moklist then
Continuing boot since secure mode is disabled.
I would like to know how to get this started again or am I just wasting my time. Then I would like to reformat the HD back to one that I can reload Apple iOS on to.

Thanks for your reply. I have looked at the link that you sent to me and I have no idea how to start or what to do. This is a complete foreign language to me . A couple of months ago I did look up what a grub is and some of the other “conjoined alphabets” to learn what they mean, but since I don’t use them most days their meanings just pass through my brain.

The mac locks up at boot so even if I understood how to write the new code, I don’t think I am able to. I have a iPad Pro available and an external HD that I can download to. Linux, I quess, isn’t for me. I would like to be able to get it running, clean out the HD and donate the Mac to some kid that could use it.

The first answer gives you pretty good directions. You may need to boot to a live USB to accomplish that.

Members online

Latest posts