Mobile phone , Ringtones

Brickwizard

Reaction score
Credits
Those of you that have smartphones, Do you use a standard ringtone or have you bought one, or edited your own?
I got my iPhone only recently and didn't like any of the ringtones, so I edited my own and installed them.

I do not spend a lot of time customizing interfaces. My cellphones have had whatever default ring tones were set when they were removed from the box. Same ringtone for everyone.

Unlike most people, I keep my cellphone far away from me most of the time. I take it when I leave the house. When I am working in my office, my cellphone is often in the back bedroom.

For many, the cellphone is a personal "interrupt controller" that people have with them at all times. Their lives center around their smartphones. Even if they do not respond to the call or text or other event, they feel compelled to "process the interrupt" by suspending whatever it is that they are doing, pick up the cellphone, and then decide whether they are going to take the call or respond to the message. Otherwise, they suspend the cellphone and resume their original activity. If you happen to be working with the person, then they suspend YOU in addition to the activity to handle the interrupt and check the cellphone.

I respect their choices, but do not have to agree with them. Smartphones are terrible distractions when you are in meetings or work with a younger person. The thought of leaving the cellphone behind to give yourself a few hours time for focused, concentrated work is anathema to some people.

Unlike most people, I keep my cellphone far away from me most of the time. I take it when I leave the house. When I am working in my office, my cellphone is often in the back bedroom.
Mine gets very little use, it only gets switched on when I leave the house or go on holiday, as We are at home most of the time we have a landline for people to phone us on, and wait for it we also have an answerphone for them to leave messages.

I make my own ringtones it's so easy on an Android phone...never liked any of the default ringtones.
m1213.gif

My mobile is off when home...we too have a landline with an answering machine...comes in very handy when scammers ring up telling us our phone and internet is going to be cut off or my credit card has been used.
m0103.gif

I was a slave to the phone for many years. There are times when I leave the house without my phone. I enjoy that.

Those of you that have smartphones, Do you use a standard ringtone or have you bought one, or edited your own?
I got my iPhone only recently and didn't like any of the ringtones, so I edited my own and installed them.
I got my phone in silent mode (+vibration) most of the time. I literally had the phone on sound mode for 15 minutes the last decade.

Members online