Modify netinstaller to install basic system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kali's base is with Debian Testing and the backports repository is not made available in the default install. I would not be monkeying with it.

@Bruah you need to make a decision, whether to continue this Thread, and close the one at linuxquestions.org or vice versa.

We don't mind which choice you make, but you may not realise it is bad manners to have the same thread being pursued at two or more different forums - we cannot read minds on what is being said there, and they with here.

Let me know ASAP.

Helpers I would advise waiting until the OP responds to me. Thank you.

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

Kali's base is with Debian Testing and the backports repository is not made available in the default install. I would not be monkeying with it.

@Bruah you need to make a decision, whether to continue this Thread, and close the one at linuxquestions.org or vice versa.

We don't mind which choice you make, but you may not realise it is bad manners to have the same thread being pursued at two or more different forums - we cannot read minds on what is being said there, and they with here.

Let me know ASAP.

Helpers I would advise waiting until the OP responds to me. Thank you.

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz
Ok, I will close the one at linuxquestions.org. I want to close this thread at linux.org too but I don't know how. If you can, please close this thread

OK, I can lock this Thread for now, and if you want to reopen it just send me a request in Conversations.

You could read what I wrote 4 and a half years ago, here (and it still applies)

https://www.linux.org/threads/linux-for-cybersecurity.19269/#post-57380

... and bearing that in mind, I would give a few mainstream Linux distros a try and get the pen testing experience with them.

You could even dual boot with Kali, and apply the experience you gain with one to the other.

Good luck.

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

Locking this Thread for now. Many thanks to the Helpers.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online