Mount your google drive in linux

R

Rob

So - looking into ways to mount my google drive from a Linux box.. I've seen articles using 3rd party apps to mount google docs, but you're actually connecting to the 3rd party instead of docs.

Does anyone know if drive.google.com is compatible with webdav, sshfs, etc..?

thats great to get to know

am new to this forum site would like to have any recommendations :)

There is an SDK available, so someone will probably make a linux solution soon. There is also a drive on Google+ going on right now to get Google to add a Linux client, in addition to the Windows, Mac, and Android clients (not to mention their plans for an iOS client.)

Mount Google Drive in Linux

I wrote a quick howto for mounting your Google Drive readonly on my website.
Which I can't link to since this is my first post..

Most of the information is from here git hub which I also can't link to..

There is an SDK available, so someone will probably make a linux solution soon. There is also a drive on Google+ going on right now to get Google to add a Linux client, in addition to the Windows, Mac, and Android clients (not to mention their plans for an iOS client.)

OK, now that I can post links.. I created a quick walkthrough on my website
I got most of the info from github It's kinda complicated and the feature set will probably change rapidly causing you to have to recompile it as new features are added.

OK, now that I can post links.. I created a quick walkthrough on my website
I got most of the info from github It's kinda complicated and the feature set will probably change rapidly causing you to have to recompile it as new features are added.

Ahhhhhhhh - now I was wondering about the compiling of data as and when features are added.

And yes I heard about the dropbox (above post) which I think may come sometime in early summer. I have seen some similar features hanging around though.

There are a couple of Google Doc tutorials that allow you to mount using Nautilus or GTK but I'm not sure how they authenticate which worries me plus the packages are pretty out of date. I'd rather run something with active development than add one of those old PPA's that are no longer maintained.

Members online