Mouse wheel scrolling working wrong on Wayland

KruASe

Reaction score
Credits
Hey, i found some interesting problem with mouse wheel scrolling:
Using GNOME 42 on Wayland:
Every time i scroll the screen content actually scrolls, but if i, for example, kept scrolling only down for some time and then scrolled up once, that scroll up isn't detected as a scroll event anywhere (generally affecting game controlling, like switching hotbar slots in Minecraft). Each subsequent scroll up (in case i just have described) is detected. Works in both directions.
Using GNOME 42 on Xorg:
Every scroll scrolls screen content and is detected as a scroll event.

Could anybody help me fix such strange behavior on Wayland?
Also, will be grateful to know the explanation.

Specs:
Kernel: 5.18.11-200.fc36.x86_64
and a generic mouse

P.S. I'm new to this forum and probably did something wrong. Please, tell me what, if this happened :)

UPD: same behavior is explained here, but the solution doesn't work for me, the scroll isn't even detected)

Hey, i found some interesting problem with mouse wheel scrolling:
Using GNOME 42 on Wayland:
Every time i scroll the screen content actually scrolls, but if i, for example, kept scrolling only down for some time and then scrolled up once, that scroll up isn't detected as a scroll event anywhere (generally affecting game controlling, like switching hotbar slots in Minecraft). Each subsequent scroll up (in case i just have described ) is detected. Works in both directions.
Using GNOME 42 on Xorg:
Every scroll scrolls screen content and is detected as a scroll event.

Could anybody help me fix such strange behavior on Wayland?
Also, will be grateful to know the explanation.
Specs:
Kernel: 5.18.11-200.fc36.x86_64
and a generic mouse

P.S. I'm new to this forum and probably did something wrong auto clicker. Please, tell me what, if this happened :)

UPD: same behavior is explained here, but the solution doesn't work for me, the scroll isn't even detected)
I don't build any flutter apps so I haven't ever really touched it ever beyond using the Fluffychat app that happens to be built with it, where I noticed the scrolling. However, I never had an issue with Electron apps' scrolling. (Which I assume shares scrolling code with Chromium.) So if anyone who does actually know how to use flutter just compares and changes it such that it matches to be at minimum as fast as with Electron/Chromium then I imagine I'm probably going to be happy with the result. Right now on my system Fluffychat is noticeably slower in scrolling speed than all Electron apps I have, e.g. Discord scrolls at around 2x the distance. It's a quite significant difference.

Members online

No members online now.