Movie Thread.

• Thread starter Deleted member 101831
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 101831

We got a music thread.
Why not have a movie thread.

Update January 24, 2021
The movies originally posted aren't no longer available so maybe these will be around longer.

Last edited by a moderator:

all 4 are age restricted and only available on youtube

further, clicking reveals they are not available in Australia

Might be some compatibility issues, Nelson :(

From Australia, I get

nelson-vid1.png

and

nelson-vid2.png

... I see Brian has found likewise. Morning, Brian.

Wiz

I live in the US, have my VPN set to Canada, and they're all not loading here. I didn't try to click through on them.

I recently enjoyed the "Good Omens" series. It was delightful.

I do not have a history of watching all that many movies or television shows.

I live in the US, have my VPN set to Canada, and they're all not loading here. I didn't try to click through on them.

I recently enjoyed the "Good Omens" series. It was delightful.

I do not have a history of watching all that many movies or television shows.
Must have to do with outside the USA.
I can get most everything I want on Youtube.

Could have to do with copyright restrictions as that seems to be a big bite me in the ass thing nowadays although I don't know.

I run into an occasional video where Youtube wants me to sign in due to adult content and I ain't creating any Youtube account to prove I'm of age.

@Condobloke and @wizardfromoz

I don't get how Youtube music videos work but Youtube movie videos don't work or is it just those four movies that don't work.

Last edited by a moderator:
I run into an occasional video where Youtube wants me to sign in due to adult content and I ain't creating any Youtube account to prove I'm of age.

I get a lot of stuff, like racing, that aren't visible in the US and need me to use a VPN.

Amusingly, I can be logged in (which is clearly a US account) and use a VPN to pretend I'm in CA or the UK and it works just fine.

Anyhow, Good Omens is delightful. I highly, highly recommend it.

As it's that time of year, Terry Pratchett's Hogfather is an appropriate movie to watch, as well.

Anyhow, Good Omens is delightful. I highly, highly recommend it.

As it's that time of year, Terry Pratchett's Hogfather is an appropriate movie to watch, as well.
I'll have to give them a look at.

...or is it just those four movies that don't work.

Not sure Nelson, I haven't been far with downloading movies - Elaine and I have a set top box 500 GB on top of our tellie, and we just tape and watch shows and movies from there. We don't use subscription services like Netflix or Amazon Prime, and with about 28 free to air TV stations we have all we need from them. :)

We can certainly talk about good movies, as David @KGIII has started mentioning, and this Thread is certainly not a waste of time. Someone may solve the problem.

Cheers

Chris
Now what about "Gone With The Wind"?

Nice thread! Seems like those videos must have geoblock to everything but US since I can't view them either. In Rock Roxx when I post a video it can't show it embedded it then shows video unvailable and then I manually have to look up the music video on youtube. It's probably a better idea to post imdb.com links since those don't have geoblock and have trailers as well :)

Last edited:
It's also that time of the year where The Nightmare Before Christmas is appropriate - and a pretty good movie.

A Clockwork Orange
Natural Born Killers
Good Morning Vietnam
Even Cowgirls Get The Blues
Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins (when asked, this is always my favorite/best movie, but I realize that's not true for everyone)

Hope this movie works better than my first movies I posted.

If you like movies based on albums, there's Tommy by The Who. I shan't help you pirate it, but it's out there.

i subscribe to netflicks and one film i would liek to catch up with is Blade Runner 2; but its not on netflicks.

If I wanted to pirate Blade Runner 2049, I'd probably visit this link and search there. Boy, I bet that would work!

Actually, I subscribe to Hulu, Amazon, and Netflix (and I think one more) but those are mostly for the missus. If I want something, it's often faster for me to just find it somewhere unencumbered with pesky things like logging in or needing proprietary streaming tech.

i well still have 1/2 of Ip man to watch ooohh

I watched those. They're not bad. Even though I don't have a history of watching TV and movies, I do enjoy the martial arts movies. Why? They're fast-paced and have generally simple plots. You know exactly what you're getting when you press the play button.

well i have another interest my sifu Nino Bernardo , was taught by Wong Shun Leung , lineage i'm told of Ip Man. in one memorable event Wong Shun Leung , visited Nino while i was present in the "basement", Stoke Newington, London ; guess who then also arrived ? Dan Inosanto

Members online

Latest posts