Movie Thread.

• Thread starter Deleted member 101831
  • Start date

Spoiler alert: you are going to fall asleep after the first hour:D

LOL I quite liked it. I don't watch many movies, but it looked good to me. Yeah, there's some breaks between the action, but they can't all be Micheal Bay movies.

I believe I'll have to pass on that one as it kinda takes away the Spirit of Christmas and Dr Seuss.

One could argue Nightmare Before Christmas, Black Christmas, and even Die Hard all take away the spirit of Christmas as well, yet no one openly says it. While I can see how it breaks away from what Seuss was known for, you at least have to give it credit for being a creative take on the Grinch (and that doesn't imply I'm praising the more modern Seuss films).

I like horror movies okay however when people turn such a joyful event as Christmas into a horror movie that's just crossing the line imo.

This may not be a 'movie'....but is produced by Dionysus Carnie Productions
"We are a group of (ex) high-school students who make funny, strange and cool short (or long) movies"

It's not a movie ya have to listen and use your imagination enjoy.
Merry Christmas!

While I do have a small DVD collection, I actually don't mind watching VHS again because of the nostalgic feel. Lately, I've been wanting to get back into the Disney renaissance movies because I only got to experience the later half of that era (I was born in '94). When I have kids one day, I'd love to bond with them by showing them what I grew up with, and then watch them enjoy it as well. Yeah, I'll be relatively-old by then, but at least I'll still be cool in my own way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, I should mention that I finally watched a movie.

We watched Hogfather on Christmas. It's *almost* as good as the book.

I haven't been to the flicks in over 50 yrs, I occasionally watch older films on the little square eyed monster in the corner,[when the boss is in bed] the last one I enjoyed watching is quite old now, was "The Hunt For Red October" . I would even struggle to name any film actors/actresses of the last 30 yrs

I haven't been to the flicks in over 50 yrs, I occasionally watch older films on the little square eyed monster in the corner,[when the boss is in bed] the last one I enjoyed watching is quite old now, was "The Hunt For Red October" . I would even struggle to name any film actors/actresses of the last 30 yrs
The Wife and I go to an occasional daytime matinee when the crowds are low but gererally buy dvds from the local thrift stores for a $1.00 or less and watch them at home.

Staff online

Members online