MSI GS75 Stealth 10SE-045ES + Linux ?

ixtrim_girl

Reaction score
Credits
Hello,
Since a while i am not using Windows, as I am programming and find it more useful for me with Linux.
Since now I had used Lenovo, and always were buying them with no system, installing just a proper version of Linux, then - here we go.

I just bought MSI GS75 Stealth 10SE-045ES, and of course it always goes with Windows - I am not interested with that system, especially that I have another computer with that system, if I will ever need to do with it. But... well... i wouldn't like to loose any advantages of this fine machine. I am no gamer, but I do want to have nice graphic experience.

Also I do believe with actual version of Linux, there will be no issues with bluetooth/second screen (please don't laugh, I had experienced that with older versions of Linux and Lenovo Idea Pad)/ sound, with proper NVIDIA drivers ? Or am i wrong ?

What i won't is just simple advice, what would be the best optional Linux version for that computer (Linux Cinnamon ?) and what are (if you know) common issues?

Any advice, and help on that subject is much appreciated. Thanks a mill!

The best way to learn those answers is to get a live USB up and running and then check for yourself.

yes i agree with @KGIII if you boot live a Linux distro from a usb it will still be using PC hardware its attached to. Thus if all goes well from usb , there shouldn't be much of a problem with install. With ventoy start reading thread : https://linux.org/threads/usb-linux-boot-ventoy.29944/ you can put say Mint xfce, Mint Cinnamon all on same staick and boot each in turn, to see how you like it.

Will do that during weekend, and let you guys know, if someone else had this kind of issue, with this exact model of computer. Thanks!

Members online

Latest posts