Multi Boot problem in msi laptop

WIZ

Reaction score
Credits
I send my problem to msi technical service.Here is the message that i send.
"I installed phoenix OS on my computer(Android based Linux OS) but it didn't boot as normally.I also have windows 10 in my computer.So this is a multi boot problem.I think this may be BIOS problem.But i'm not sure about that. It didn't even show multi boot screen.Finally i fixed that issue but phoenix OS didn't boot properly.I really need your support for this.I'm really disappointed about this laptop.This is my 5th day and i'm still trying to fix this shit.Thank for your support.And i'm waiting for you'r reply"

Here is the reply
"Since MSI laptops are designed based on the Windows platform, we suggest you check the related forums to see if there're other people who run into the same problem and have a workaround for this. "

What is mean of this message?

It means that MSI does not want to support (help) any problems other than the Out-of-the-Box experience - i.e. the Windows platform.

They are suggesting that you go to the MSI Support Forums and see if any help can be found there.

i'm still trying to fix this shit.
Not a good way to elicit help. As frustrating as it may be - sometimes polite, respectful inquiries will yield the best results. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It means that MSI does not want to support (help) any problems other than the Out-of-the-Box experience - i.e. the Windows platform.

They are suggesting that you go to the MSI Support Forums and see if any help can be found there.

Not a good way to elicit help. As frustrating as it may be - sometimes polite, respectful inquiries will yield the best results. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
thanks friend.yes i can understand.sorry for that

This is just my two cents...

I have been using Linux over 25 years. Multiple flavors of multiple distro's on all kinds of hardware.
But even someone like myself has difficulty installing "android" type linux's.
I've done it, it can be done.

But I wouldn't recommend it as a first "non-windows" OS.
Android OS's handle BIOS and UEFI slightly different, they use non standard
rom-driver loaders (think /biosboot and /boot/efi )
Some want touch screens, some use only wifi (no ethernet) and some load in "kiosk mode".
So you can use certain applications, but you can't get to the back-end OS.

I wonder if you might try a more "mature" flavor of Linux? Ubuntu, Fedora, Mint, Mandriva,
something like that.

Agree. Android is great on a phone or tablet, but a completely different architecture from a desktop or laptop PC. I think you will be much happier with one of the more mainline Linux distros, especially in a dual boot situation.

Members online

Latest posts