Multiple icons in system tray

Vrai

Reaction score
Credits
This is a little weird; a while back I upgraded my system to Linux Mint 19.3. Everything seemed to have installed just fine but there is an odd little glitch when I run the Update Manager which results in multiple icons being displayed in the system notifications tray.
Someone on here had a similar issue a while ago but now I cannot find the post to see if there is a possible solution.

Any ideas on a fix for this? It's not a big deal but I would like to fix it if I can. Everything seems to work fine and closing one icon will close them all.

weird_update.png

Does it equal the number of packages updated?

It doesn't matter if it does, that shouldn't happen. Anyone on the Mint forum report anything like that?

No, it doesn't equal the number of packages being updated. That's a good point though which I wouldn't have thought of. It's always the same number of icons. Kinda weird :\ Everything works properly though.

I've got to search more thoroughly on these forums for that post which is related regarding multiple icons.

I've got to search more thoroughly on these forums for that post which is related regarding multiple icons.

Search under Granny Sue, mate.

https://linux.org/threads/egads.27009/#post-86069

Are you on Cinnamon, MATE or Xfce?

Clem (Lefebvre) always advises making a Timeshift screenshot before using the upgrade tool.

Have to go for a bit but will be back.

Wiz

Search under Granny Sue, mate.
That's what I thought I remembered and I was going to head over that-a-way! Thanks Wizard.
Are you on Cinnamon, MATE or Xfce?
Oops - I forgot the most important detail! Cinnamon.
Clem (Lefebvre) always advises making a Timeshift screenshot before using the upgrade tool.
Shhhhh... do as I say - not as I do :rolleyes:
I may have made a Timeshift. I cannot remember if I did or not o_O I need a backup for my memory!

Edit after reading the Granny Sue thread - I think I will try "resetting" the panel. I'll just have to 'wrastle' it back into shape afterwards ;)

Last edited:
Yep - restoring the panel to default settings fixed the multiple icons issue.
Just had to go back and tweak it to the way I like it.
Right click panel > Troubleshoot > Restore all settings to default
reset_panel.png

Now run Timeshift, lol.

Members online

Latest posts