Multipsk

V

VP9KS

Does anyone out there know of a Linux program which will replace the Windows program called Multipsk?:)

Does anyone out there know of a Linux program which will replace the Windows program called Multipsk?:)
You can run Multipsk under WINE on Linux. See the README for more information. I don't use the software, or anything like it, but if you run into problems, or have specific questions, I would contact the authors. See the README file in the download for a list of the authors. Good luck, and let us know how well it works!

Please encourage the authors to release a native Linux version! ;^)

You can run Multipsk under WINE on Linux. See the README for more information. I don't use the software, or anything like it, but if you run into problems, or have specific questions, I would contact the authors. See the README file in the download for a list of the authors. Good luck, and let us know how well it works!
Please encourage the authors to release a native Linux version! ;^)
Thanks man,
I was kinda hoping that Patrick would write a version for Linux, but he doesn't seem to be inclined to do so. :( I thought I would put the question out there, just to see what I could find out. I did not want to bother with wine, but I guess I will try it when I get the chance.
I guess I did not read enough of the Readme file, because he did mention using it in Wine. Oh, well, that's what they put erasers on pencils for, eh? :D It just worked so well in XP that I didn't need to bother with it.:oops: If it works as well in Wine as it does in XP it will be great. It is a very useful program.
Ciao for now
Paul

I did a search and it doesn't have an alternative! (I went 3 pages deep in my search results) (Even went to alternativeto.net -nothing)

This is for HAM Radio?

Looks like it's a great program in the community that uses it. ;)

I did a search and it doesn't have an alternative! (I went 3 pages deep in my search results) (Even went to alternativeto.net -nothing)

This is for HAM Radio?

Looks like it's a great program in the community that uses it. ;)
Christi,
Yeah, so did I, but thanks for researching it for me too. :cool: At least I know that I didn't miss anything.:):) Yes, it is a program which decodes the audio signals into data for a great many digital modes of operation. :) It is really slick, that's why I wanted to use it in Linux. Alas, my attempts to get it to run in Wine have failed miserably.:( I attempted to install it on the bootable 16Gb flash drive of puppy that I am using right now (lots of room left on it!). After going through the long drawn out process of loading wine and all the other parts which go with it, when I attempted to install the program, I got a bad file error. After mucking about with it for a couple hours, I got a wee bit upset:mad:, and flushed the whole bloody thing (AAAARRR). It really brought out the pirate in me! Maybe later I'll try again when I get a chance to research what went wrong. Perhaps I should get more familiar with wine and a program which is known to run on it first. In the meantime, I can always use the win XP drive caddie to run it :eek:.:eek:. Anyway, the number of programs that I use XP for is getting smaller as the days go by:D:D.

Ciao for now!
Paul

Well, I did a bit of reading and experimenting, and finally got Multipsk to load, and come up. I will need to make some connections to the sound card, to see if it works, but so far so good!:):):):):):)

Well gang IT WORKS!!!!:):):):) I currently have "Darkstar" decoding BPSK31 on 14.069, reading the mail on CT1AGS in Portugal. He only wants to work South Dakota, so I won't bother him.
I had a few minor problems with getting the line in on the mixer to work, but I mucked about with it long enough and it gave in and starting working.:D:D:D:p:p:p

Well, ... It works, but there is one teensy little problem. When running this software in windows:eek:, all data which is decoded and displayed on the screen goes into a file for that session. This file is in the home directory of the software package for the owner's records. No problem, so far. The problem arises when I attempt to use the program in Puppy Linux, which is the OS I am currently using. The file with the data in it fills up the "Personal storage" space which I have set up. After running the program for a few minutes, I get an alert saying that my "Personal Storage" space is down to the critical level, and I must delete files, or make the "Personal Storage" space larger. The only way which I have found to work for clearing the data, is to rename the "Slackosave" file, reboot, and then delete it. This causes Puppy to prompt me to create a new "Slackosave" file when I shut down again. This would not be a problem, except that all my emails, Bookmarks, browsing history, and my desktop configuration (including any wallpaper I have added) are lost when I delete the "Slackosave" file. HMMMMM, any suggestions?:)

Qk gang, it is update time.

Since I updated the hardware in "Darkstar" to a dual core with 3gig of much faster ram, I thought I would give mint cinnamon another try. Boy what a difference 1 more core makes! The addition of more , and faster, ram didn't hurt either. Try as I might, I just could not get Multipsk to run in wine. There is good news, however. I found a suitable replacement. It is called Fldigi and I am having a ball with it!

It (Multipsk) was working in Wine, what happened? Have you contacted the Wine people?

I hope "Fldigi" works out even better for you.

Well, Multipsk worked in wine using PUPPY, with a few minor(?) problems, but I was not so lucky when using Mint Cinnamon. ;)No worries, mate! I would rather use a program that was written for Linux anyway, so it is all good!:):) It just makes Windows:eek: more of a thing of the past:p:p:D!! I am running it in another window as I am typing this message. My wife is stuck on windows, and will not budge until I can find a flavor of Linux which is EXACTLY like windows. Oh, well, her loss!o_O

Paul

My wife is stuck on windows, and will not budge until I can find a flavor of Linux which is EXACTLY like windows.
  • Not desirable!
  • Not Recommended!
  • Not Possible, IMHO
  • WHY??? ;^)
Unfortunately, not only her loss, but yours also! ;^)

Please keep her away from Windoze 10!

Windoze 10,:eek::eek: Not a problem mate, You should hear what she has to say about that subject:D:D! I think that she is actually fed up with micro####, but just can't bring herself to leave them. Kinda like a love/hate relationship, if you get my drift:p. She is currently using 7 home, but I don't know what will happen when they stop support for that mess. In the mean time I am still trying to wean us. both completely.
ciao for now,
Paul

Members online