Murga Forum Puppy Linux

darry1966

Reaction score
Credits
Hi Guys,

Anyone trying to get to the Puppy Linux forums at Murga forums will notice that they are down - it is not known how long.
Site reads as follows:
Under maintenance
The site is currently under maintenance.
Sorry for the inconvenience, please retry later.

alternative new forum here: https://forum.puppylinux.com/index.php

Last edited:

I can now confirm John Murga has past away from a heart attack - so Murga Forums will be down may be permantly.

It is with great sadness that I bring to you the news that John de Murga, affectionately known as JohnMurga has passed away.

He is survived by his wife, a daughter and twins born 10 days after his passing.

John led a full life working as a programmer in the financial sector which led him to a Singapore in the end. He had traveled the world for work and pleasure.

To Puppy Linux users he needs no introduction. In 2005 John set up the Puppy Linux Discussion Forum which up until it recently went off line. It had well over a million posts. John's generosity created a very valuable resource, not just for the Puppy Linux community but the Linux community in general. It certainly inspired many Puppy fans to dig deeper into Linux including my self. Thank you.

I'd like to extend my condolences to John's wife and children plus extended family and friends. I'm sure I speak on behalf of the Puppy Linux community as well.

Yes, went there recently and saw the same message.
Sorry to hear of Murga's passing
:(

Gosh, Darren - I have murga forum pinned in my tabs on my browsers, and I noticed the outage the other day but did not realise.

Thanks for sharing and likewise sympathies to John's family, friends and forum Members.

John has been running that show since only shortly after Australia's Barry Kauler developed Puppy, and he will be sadly missed.

RIP

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

Hi Wiz,

Yes Amazing that forum went for 15 years with a lot of history - the software running it was pretty old but hey it still ran pretty well considering the demands on it.

Learned a lot from that community.

Thanks to Barry Kauler's efforts the Murga forums are back in read only forum - so you can read up imformation on older Pups and can login. However please don't post new post as it could crash them again. The Rockedge forum will continue as the Puppy Linux forum.

Thanks to Barry Kauler's efforts the Murga forums are back in read only forum - so you can read up imformation on older Pups and can login. However please don't post new post as it could crash them again. The Rockedge forum will continue as the Puppy Linux forum.
That's good to know. There is a wealth of good information in them.
I was a frequent visitor when I ran Puppy.

The new Forum and the old Forum of Puppy Linux are down - not sure for how long....

Staff online

Members online