MX 21 again

Mike13Foxtrot

Reaction score
Credits
So I was gonna keep using my Peppermint Linux Dell Inspirion dual touch screen. Peppermint had no problem with the touch. Did an MX Live session on it and poof, MX has no problems with the touch. As Peppermint ditched Ubuntu for Debian, and MX 21 is now based on Debian, why not. I now seem to be favoring MX, 2 singles now on 2 Lappies and a Dual MX 19 and 21 on another. It just works.

Since Mint crapped out on me not wanting to be installed on an HP the USB drive would not boot, but yet would boot when I redid it with MX. And before I redid the USB I tested it, it would boot on my desktop which I just built, replacing an HP tower, now running an AMD Ryzen 5500 and a Gigabyte motherboard, with a Thermaltake 240 AIO and AMD GPU. SO the drive was not the issue.

Had no trouble with upgrading Mint on my other rig. Went fine, from 20 to 21, but the older HP laptop had 19, and kept stopping at Timeshift even though there was a new Timeshift.

Technology is wonderful and frustrating always.

From what I hear, a much-awaited version of ubuntu with its INHERENT BUGS fixed will be coming out at "Christmas." This will affect Mint, too, I expect.

I do not believe Ubuntu will be changing their publication schedule? So, 22.10 will be out this month and the next release will be 23.04.

If that's changed, nobody has told me - and I'm on the dev team, though I pay more attention to Lubuntu.

From what I hear, a much-awaited version of ubuntu with its INHERENT BUGS fixed will be coming out at "Christmas." This will affect Mint, too, I expect.
Bugs I have no bugs in Ubuntu 22.04.1 or Lubuntu 22.04.1 or Xubuntu 22.04.1 but mileage may vary from computer to computer and mine are outdated Frankenstein builds.

Bugs I have no bugs in Ubuntu 22.04.1 or Lubuntu 22.04.1 or Xubuntu 22.04.1 but mileage may vary from computer to computer and mine are outdated Frankenstein builds.

You "should" have one bug. It's not actually something you'd notice, however.

At least I think this bug is in 22.04? I'm not 100% certain, but it "should" be. See the release notes for more potential bugs, but I think this one was in 22.04 and just isn't a high priority or we're waiting for a fix upstream.

For you, to start it, it's:

Code:
sudo software-properties-qt

Then tab to the right option and click the button and you should see the error.

You "should" have one bug. It's not actually something you'd notice, however.

At least I think this bug is in 22.04? I'm not 100% certain, but it "should" be. See the release notes for more potential bugs, but I think this one was in 22.04 and just isn't a high priority or we're waiting for a fix upstream.

For you, to start it, it's:

Code:
sudo software-properties-qt

Then tab to the right option and click the button and you should see the error.
Apparently it's something I've never used or never needed and never seen and If it's a bug than I see no reason to start it up.

Apparently it's something I've never used or never needed and never seen and If it's a bug than I see no reason to start it up.

I don't think that's something anyone ever uses. In all my years using Linux, I've never once touched that button outside of doing so for testing purposes. Heck, I'd have never known what to look for and would have had to ask for help before I figured out how to properly report it.

It just throws an error in the terminal. It doesn't do anything. The steps to reproduce it are at the link, though I elaborated in a previous comment to make it more clear. It throws a Kurl error and nothing displays in the window.

Members online

Latest posts