My (At-First Paranoid) Thoughts About the FontOnLake Malware Attack

• Thread starter Deleted member 111282
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 111282

When I was typing and posting this thread originally, I wasn't thinking as clearly as should've been at the time, so take what I said with a grain of salt. You'll notice I'm more rational in my update.

For those of you unaware, Linux has recently been the victim of a cyber-attack in Southeast Asia. Unlike random bugs found in Linux that can be mitigated somewhat easily, this one is more complex, difficult to detect, and difficult to get rid of. This also isn't designed by some random online identity thief wanting to get rich off by stealing your hard-earned money. It's currently unknown how it's infecting these systems, and because the malware is constantly updating, there's currently no solutions recommended to prevent it from infecting your machine.

My deep concern is that this is going to eventually turn into a cyber-pandemic. While Nasdaq doesn't mention this malware in this article itself,

https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/tir...-a-cyber-pandemic-seems-to-be-next-2021-10-06,

I can connect the puzzle pieces together. Some of you will laugh at the language used (as it's sarcasm), but the World Economic Forum's plan for the Great Reset is real thing, as seen here,

https://odysee.com/@thetwelfthmonkey:0/WEF--The-Great-Reset:1,

and Covid was the trojan horse needed for it to gain momentum. Just like Covid, this started out in Southeast Asia, the economic powerhouse of the world. Because so many businesses around the world are dealing with that region, I can see the malware spreading to the servers of those businesses, and then it's going to spread through to devices that connect to the websites of those businesses. What's even more concerning is so many devices use Linux, it can eventually affect every operating system, and newer devices being made will probably have even more built-in spyware, and become more difficult or impossible to remove, under the guise of "safety" and "security".

It seems the World Economic Forum has been aware of the growing push back against the Great Reset, and now they're doubling down even harder to make the masses become more compliant.

In conclusion, I would recommend a number of things to make you less-susceptible to this attack:
  • Using trusted repositories
  • Getting into using the Gemini protocol for most cases, and only using the modern web when you absolutely have to
  • Stop using Big Tech social media sites or platforms (as they'll be the most targeted). The same logic would apply to Big Business websites, such as Walmart.
  • Dump your payment cards and use physical cash. Buy yourself a safe to put your money in, and keep it hidden. For when things get real crazy, be willing to give away or do things for free.
  • Make your home or business run solely on renewable energy tech, such as solar panels (this virus can potentially affect the electricity grid)
  • Eventually get into buying second-hand devices
  • Get into off-grid living and doomsday prepping (the SHTF moment will come sooner than you think)
  • Keep your Linux systems up-to-date and carefully inspect what you're installing
  • When it comes to entertainment, only use physical media instead of platforms or live TV. If you like to read, only read physical books.
  • If you have an Android phone, root and deGoogle it. If you have an iPhone, jailbreak it, and deApple it.
  • If you live in the suburbs or the city, consider moving to a semi-rural neighborhood, or get trained in firearm usage, because there's a good chance you'll more-likely to become a victim of burglaries or riots
  • Make your purchases in-person only instead of online
  • Always remain a few steps ahead of the game
  • Get your communities involved in these suggestions, so it will be easier for them to brace this as best as they can
Because these are a few things I can think of off of the top of my head, don't be surprised that they won't solve every issue. You'll have to use a combination of them and on the fly. Also be aware of how this impact supply chain and global commerce issues even further, despite them already been exasperated since last year.

One silver lining from all of this is it just goes to show how dependent we've become on technology and the grid, and that will force all of us to adapt a new way of living as a result.

Update: After beginning to notice the similarities between this and Y2K, I'll now admit that I was somewhat paranoid at the time about the possible negative consequences of what this malware could bring about, especially when cybersecurity companies and experts are working around the clock to defend the grid from these attacks. I'll apologize for my misunderstanding of the situation.

That being said, doing things like using physical cash, buying locally, keeping your Linux systems up-to-date, consuming physical media, community activism, deGoogling or deAppling your phones and other devices, not using social media, and using Gemini are all good ways you can help prevent yourself and those around you from becoming a victim.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Latest posts