My game requires Windows Vista SP2

Borgensgaard2

Credits
Hi,

So, I just bought Hitman 3, and am running it through Epic Games Store.. - But when I press play, it says that the operating version is unsupported, and that it requires Windows Vista SP2 or newer... - Is there a way around that? I use Mint, by the way..

Borgensgaard2

Credits
I think you will need to install WINE and Lutris
Yes, I downloaded both.. And launched Epic Game Store through Lutris.. - But it doesn't seem to work, so my guess is that I am doing something wrong, or if WINE isn't actively running as it should, or something?

Lord Boltar

Credits
Might want to look here

Borgensgaard2

Credits
Might want to look here
Thanks! - as I understand their issue, its more about their graphics card, whereas my issue seems to be about operating system..

f33dm3bits

Gold Member
Gold Supporter
Credits
You shouldn't buy a game at launch if it doesn't have native GNU/Linux support. If you want to play such games from launch dual boot with Windows, it will take sometime for them to get it working(launch scripts) with wine/proton if they get it working at all since it's an epic exclusive game. You can also try the Legendary Launcher and see how far you get there.

Last edited:

Borgensgaard2

Credits
You shouldn't buy a game at launch if it doesn't have native GNU/Linux support. If you want to play such games from launch dual boot with Windows, it will take sometime for them to get it working(launch scripts) with wine/proton if they get it working at all since it's an epic exclusive game. You can also try the Legendary Launcher and see how far you get there.
Nope, I also realized that that was not a great idea.. Not my brightest moment.. - I have dual boot with windows.. Is there a way for me to access the game (downloaded in linux), while I am in Windows? Or does that make no sense?

f33dm3bits

Gold Member
Gold Supporter
Credits
You could try to mount your Windows partition under GNU/Linux and then copy it to a location on your Windows system. Did you try the Legendary launcher yet, you may have some luck with that and you can also try HeroicGamesLauncher.

Last edited:

Members online