My pc starts heating instantly as i start it , pls read the thread

Being new doesn't mean problem free...
Being new means while it may work good with Windows 11 because it has good driver support doesn't mean it will work good with Linux.

Linux doesn't have the driver support for the newest hardware that is out on the shelf being sold it usually takes awhile to be available.

That's been my experience.

Can you also open System Monitor, sort your processes by % CPU, and see if the top ones are at high percentage? At idle, my top processes might be at 3-5% at most.

It is possible you have a misbehaving process or daemon.
Sir there are four cpu showing there , some time three of them are are running at at 5-6% and fourth's graph is reaching peaks 90-95 percent.

Weirdly, I have an MSI that I bought for testing - and it never gets hot. Dunno what they've done for thermal management, but it worked.

Anyhow, while 70 °C is hot - it's probably still within spec/allowed CPU temps. Dunno about the rest of the components, but it's probably not going to fry the CPU - yet. As others have said, get a laptop stand. They're like $20.
Laptop stand or laptop heating pad , here laptop pad is about 600-700 about 10 us bucks so which will be good.

Being new doesn't mean problem free...could be a lemon.
mad0033.gif

If I'd bought a new Laptop and had the overheating problems you're having...I'd be taking it up with the manufacture as it comes with a warranty of at least 12 mths.
happy0034.gif

If the manufacture says there's nothing wrong...take the matter further because it's your money.
happy0062.gif
Sir the heating is not from day one , i use window 11 it worked fine with no heat , but when I downloaded mint it starts heating but after the update of kernal there is improvement in heating

I may catch some flak about this but Linux doesn't have the best power management for some laptops that are the newest.

Linux just doesn't have the best driver support for the newest hardware as the manufactures don't create them for Linux as they do for Windows.

It's pretty much up to the Linux developers to create the drivers so it takes a bit of time.

Laptops that are a couple of years old seem to have better driver support and even then some laptop device support is not there yet.

This may be useful.

Last edited by a moderator:
I may catch some flak about this but Linux doesn't have the best power management for some laptops that are the newest.

Linux just doesn't have the best driver support for the newest hardware as the manufactures don't create them for Linux as they do for Windows.

It's pretty much up to the Linux developers to create the drivers so it takes a bit of time.

Laptops that are a couple of years old seem to have better driver support and even then some laptop device support is not there yet.

This may be useful.

Nah, 100% legit point. That's why I suggested delving into the ACPI functionality that's actually available to the OS and ensuring the CPU microcode is up to date. Laptops off the shelf are the worst machines for Linux. Even my 7yo Inspiron doesn't have all HW sensors available and accurate. My 2019 desktop build works fine: RAM temps, CPU temps, and HDD temps -- not that I bother to monitor it since my system is cooler than a 1980s action movie.

Sir there are four cpu showing there , some time three of them are are running at at 5-6% and fourth's graph is reaching peaks 90-95 percent.
There is a Processes button.

Staff online