My Understanding of Linux Has Changed

• Thread starter Deleted member 111282
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 111282

After a recent gentlemanly exchange with @JasKinasis in a previous thread (who explained the versatility of Linux in great detail), I realized I was looking at Linux from the wrong point of view for the longest time, and I still have much more to learn about it, even after 10 years of use. While I was able to eventually overcome most of the learning curve involved, I was overwhelmed by how many things are in the ecosystem, which made me stop myself short when needing to overcome the rest of the learning curve. Not being a technical-oriented person also made me shy away from the versatility of it, because having to understand all of it from a technical perspective would make it feel more confusing to me. On top of that, I kept wanting to think that Linux could somehow be homogenized and I arrogantly refused to accept otherwise, because I didn't realize until now that Linux being homogenized and Linux being standardized are two completely different things (something @JasKinasis also explained to me). This unfortunately led to numerous arguments with other forum users (who, understandably, have either a negative or indifferent view of me), and me sticking my foot in my mouth repeatedly. Now that I fully understand the difference between homogenization and standardization, I feel liberated from that wrong and limited way of thinking, and have a whole new perspective on Linux. Because of this new perspective, I now am much more willing to learn what I need about Linux, despite the challenges it presents. I'm sure others who I've had a history with would agree that this is the most I've grown when using Linux.

I'm sure others who I've had a history with would agree that this is the most I've grown when using Linux.
Congratulations! I told you once(twice, actually)to take it easy, and learn things bit by bit, day by day, one thing at a time. I know what it is like wanting to learn something fast, but unfortunately this is not how most things work, and it might be very frustrating when things don't go your way, specially when it comes to technology; I started learning python and wanted to build an app right away, of course, that is pretty much impossible, so I've been fighting with that freaking snake on and off, and it still keeps biting my a** up lol But I won't give up, I know somehow, someday ... :)

@SpongebobFan1994 I came across an interesting video, I thought you may find it informative even though you have already seen the light.

Members online

Latest posts