Need help installing Ubuntu on android phone with dead screen.

Jayv2251

Reaction score
Credits
I am slowly collected a pile of old phones and tablets. I'd like to repurpose these devices into something that will help me make passive income mining cryptocurrency. (Monero) While this will start out as a farm, eventually I will "evolve" my collection of android devices into a Beowulf cluster. Each device is a node and an old laptop is a master node. I have a 1TB laptop drive I'll attach to a router as network storage.

I was already planning on using a Samsung Tab 3 and two off-brand Android Trac phones. Unfortunilly I now have to add my Galaxy S10 as well. I dropped it just days after taking the case off because the case wouldn't allow wireless charging. The screen is gone! There is no controlling this via the touch screen any longer.

There are several how-to's, as well as videos showing how to install Ubuntu on an android device, but just about all of them require it to be placed in developers or debugging mode via the settings>about section. How can I gain access or force install Ubuntu on this device?

Latest posts