Need help on a potential new Linux user.....

I don't see on their website where they offer a Linux version at all. So I'd guess that the Ubuntu Christian edition runs the Windows version with Wine. It looks like a nice app though, if your Bible study friend is willing to try something new.

Ah, thanks!..... :D So, WINE is preinstalled on this one, so it makes it EASIER to run Windows Applications, Open Source OR Proprietary..... :D Man, my sleep schedule has been out of WACK lately.....

1. If you were to keep searching the internet you will find the Linux version like I did.
2. No, its not an app you would run in wine.
3. I don't know why they charged for the Linux version maybe it was a third party that converted it over either way its included in Ubuntuce.
4. I you want me to tell you more about E-Sword PM me.

Were you replying to ME, good sir.....? :3

I'm typing this from Ubuntu CE in Virtualbox, which is slower, because Virtualbox..... :) And y'know what this is RUNNING in.....?? My ASUS!!!!..... XD I'm not sure if it's because it's Ubuntu 12.04, or if it's because it's modified, or BOTH, but..... Does this mean it will work if I INSTALL it on my ASUS.....?? :) Being a Christian, that would be TWICE as good.....!! :D

I don't know what hardware you have on your Asus. I'd say just try it, Ubuntu runs laptops very well. I have 4 laptops I test on and 1 desktop. I loaded Ubuntuce on my main one this time which is a laptop made for Windows. HP Pavilion G6, AMD A4 1900Mhz With ATI Radeon. Arch and Ubuntuce are the only OS's on this laptop. This laptop has been able to run anything that has an ATI driver, but it didn't want to upgrade to 14.04 on Ubuntu. There maybe a work around for this but I have not looked. Well that's my issues. My Ati card runs best on Foss Ati, kernel 3.13.3 or higher and xorg 1.15 or higher. My lid switch doesnt work with Linux as its controlled by windows drivers -my biggest problem.

Members online

Latest posts