C

Cherman

Hello everyone,
I am trying to upgrade to Kali 2.0, and I run this command

apt-get update

and it runs without errors, but when I run this command

apt-get dist-upgrade

it gives me an error
E: You don't have enough free space in /var/cache/apt/archives/.

Any help would be appreaciated!

Thanks,
Cherman

What errors are you getting when you run
Code:
sudo apt-get update
? We do need to know the specifics.

I don't get any errors with that command, just the one after it,
Code:
apt-get dist-upgrade

Ah yeah..never mind. :confused:

It seems you don't have enough free space. You can check your system freespace with
Code:
sudo df -h

Hello everyone,
I am trying to upgrade to Kali 2.0, and I run this command

apt-get update

and it runs without errors, but when I run this command

apt-get dist-upgrade

it gives me an error
E: You don't have enough free space in /var/cache/apt/archives/.

Any help would be appreaciated!

Thanks,
Cherman

I ran into the exact same error when I tried to upgrade to Kali 2.0. I was on a Virtualbox VM with only 20GB in the virtual hdd. Rebooting left me with a completely broken installation. I had no option but to reinstall Kali 1.1 and follow the upgrade path to 2.0 with a much larger virtual hdd. I lost all my scripts :-( The upgrade is still going on as I am writing this.

It says that I have about 30% left, and I think I gave it 50gb to start (I an dual booting worth windows 7)

You won't need to expand the folder size as the system will take care of it as long as there is physical space left on the partition. This error is coz the partition ran out of storage space while updating that particular folder. My guess would be to expand the partition size somehow and try again. Maybe gparted can help to resize the partition.

how you load you part* ? you must made a mistake like this:
6gb part* load to /home
22gb part* load to /
200mib part* load to /boot
?

Simply put you don't need to sudo in Kali. Everything in Kali is done as root unless you physically take the time to make a second account, which is trivial because 90% of the utilities in Kali require root. Second, you just need more hard drive space, I would recommend using vmWare player and running it as a VM if you're new to Kali. Most people break their Kali install a few times during the learning process. Additionally, if you have free space on the drive you can expand it or you could go into windows and free up some space and then adjust Kali.. You can also do:
apt-get autoremove
apt-get autoclean

They may free up some space.

Members online