Need help

N

nyima

Hi all so I built my custom pc a while back but I can't get an os on. My original plan was to load an os onto the computer by USB didn't work so well. I am on a mac so I had to make the usb thumb dive bootabole I tried two different thing. First I ran command lines in terminal which should make it work, second I made a bootabole usb by bootcamp(I was using windows these first trys) when I put it in my new build it was a black screen. Then i tried Linux(ubuntu) ran the same command lines in terminal and even followed the steps on the ubuntu forums. Still didn't work I am at a loos i don't know what to so.

So when i try installing ubuntu it gets to the dots then freezes iv waited for like 20 min and still nothing. Installing windows 7 I get a black screen same with windows 8.1

these are my hard ware specs
CPU-AMD FD 6300
GPU-MSI GTX 750 oc
RAM-GSKILL RIPJAWS 8gb
HDD/SSD-WD CAVIAR BLUE AND SAMSUNG 840 EVO
PSU-CORSAIR 430
CASE-COOLERMASTER HAF 912
MOTHERBOARD-ASROCK 970

From your list of parts it sounds like you were building a rather nice gaming machine. Is this your first time building a machine? If so I have a few things you might could check related to your issue.

From your list of parts it sounds like you were building a rather nice gaming machine. Is this your first time building a machine? If so I have a few things you might could check related to your issue.
ya I am and this is my first time any help would be great

Hmm, taking the time to poke around and look some things up, I think my first quick impression might have been mistaken. What jumped out at me though was that you have a 430 watt PSU. Most gaming machines want crazy amounts of power to run.

In your case if I have been looking at the right parts you should be ok there though. The thing that tends to really demand power these days is GPUs and your appears to just take 50-60 watt.

The thing I think you should probably take a look at next though will be you UEFI settings. From what I saw looking at your motherboard page they seem to be flopping back and forth calling it BIOS, then UEFI. These two things are not the same. I'm not to familiar with UEFI systems yet, so you will have to look in your manuals.

I would start though by looking to see if they have a setting for trying to simulate BIOS. If so then play with that. Windows 8 wants UEFI but the other OS types tend to look for BIOS. Windows 7 should also handle it fine. Linux can support UEFI but you will have to do some reading on how to go about it.

So basically, grab your motherboard manual and take some time to read up about the UEFI and see what you can find. The UEFI is the system that handles starting the computer up and then handing everything off to the OS, so something being set wrong, or just in a way the OS does not expect, can easily make computer non-bootable.

Machin is on the right track. You first want to segregate the problem to a hardware or software issue. Does the Mobo issue a single "OK" beep when you start it up?

Based on the fact that you got Ubuntu to at least display something, it seems like the hardware should be recognized correctly, I know you mention issuing terminal commands, but we have no idea which commands you entered. I'd recommend following this Ubuntu guide EXACTLY: http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop/create-a-usb-stick-on-mac-osx

or you can try UNetBootin

Members online