Need Help

J

johnieee

I have this problem every time i got to install a app.
root@kali:~# apt-get install piglet
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package piglet

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2017-01-01 05-54-29.png
    Screenshot from 2017-01-01 05-54-29.png
    21.1 KB · Views: 631

It does this with all apt-get install....It won't allow me to install nothing. oh btw i didn't use a mirror network. could that cause this to fail, if so how can i install this and have all other apps install automatically once i get this fixed and ready to rock and rolls.

thanks for all the help and patience

johnieee

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2017-01-01 06-00-31.png
    Screenshot from 2017-01-01 06-00-31.png
    21.1 KB · Views: 667
The problem may be in the way you connect to the internet or in the configuration of your repositories (/etc/apt/source.list file).

this is a screen shot of my sources.list

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2017-01-02 16-49-42.png
    Screenshot from 2017-01-02 16-49-42.png
    41.3 KB · Views: 709
This is not the sources list of an installed Kali. It is the sources list of a Kali LiveCD. Both lines have # at the beginning of them so they are not accessible. You could try editing the two lines and removing the #. Apt-get might work then.Because it is a LiveCD any changes you make will disappear when you reboot. The programs you have downloaded will go and you will have to download again if you want them/

oh i see so is there a way for me to get the regular kali instead of the live version

Can i buy the full version of kali linux somewhere? I study cyber security and i want to get this study down so i can get my offensive certificate along the way too. That is why this is important to me.

I downloaded the first one cause my computer is x86 64

this is how i got my file on linux...where can i get the full version of kali linux?

Attachments

• Screenshot (2).png
    Screenshot (2).png
    257.2 KB · Views: 767

Members online

Latest posts