need workstation

D0ny

Reaction score
Credits
I need to buy/built a workstation at home. what should I have?
// new into tech world but Want to learn to code and using Linux.//
//the budget goes up to 1500 USD. please let me know...

For lightweight computing (i.e. no major gaming, video editing, 3D modeling) a single board computer such as the Raspberry Pi might be a good choice. It's cheap: $50 will get you a very usable computer. Some other companies that are aimed at building Linux computers are System76, Tuxedo Computers, Zareason, Pine64, and Purism.

I looked at single board in connection with 3rd world project .they have come on a bit but I found them underpowered.then on hooking up to a monitor it was hmdi not VGA .there were none to be found.then I had to get a VGA/hmdi apapter from Maplin at great expense.then there is the arm architecture. I found it cheaper and more productive to get ex Pentium iv tower.

On coding c++ python PHP etc your mainly working with text files which take up little resource. If you can build yourself a desktop tower that would be handy and you will always get parts. Try and go for 64 bit processor and compatible motherboard. What are your other requirements ?

On coding c++ python PHP etc your mainly working with text files which take up little resource. If you can build yourself a desktop tower that would be handy and you will always get parts. Try and go for 64 bit processor and compatible motherboard. What are your other requirements ?
As I said I'm new in the tech world and have no knowledge of hardware or software world as not from a technical background. but after a little bit of surfing Linux seems best and safest place to begin with & willing to give 10 hours daily and want to learn. and ill be doing only work like (coding and study purposes only).

For lightweight computing (i.e. no major gaming, video editing, 3D modeling) a single board computer such as the Raspberry Pi might be a good choice. It's cheap: $50 will get you a very usable computer. Some other companies that are aimed at building Linux computers are System76, Tuxedo Computers, Zareason, Pine64, and Purism.
thanks!

Members online