Network adapter not detected anymore

If you are talking of a laptop external power supply, then it is advisable NOT to have them on power when not in use [same applies to phone chargers] they are not designed to be continuously powered,
oh and when you do a full reboot [turn off then on] the grub loader will check and install hardware drivers the hardware drivers before the OS in case of any changes that may have been made
Yes indeed I don't do that. So Grub is actually able to detect if there has been a power cut?

ah, your talking about a desktop/tower, they are built to a better standard and can be left on. They have a minimal consumption. And a wake-up on demand. When you switch on.
When a desktop PSU decides to throw a wobbly, they often take out the motherboard and drives with it but it is not a common problem [I have only changed about a dozen in the last 40 yrs only one being mine]

Alright thanks a lot for your help guys! You are amazing and have great knowledge! I'll have to work more on my Linux skills to be at your level! Even though I'm working in IT, for now I only use basics commands like curls, top, grep etc. I'll have to discover more of those as it can get really useful for my work and now maybe for my personal rig too! Do you have any recommendation for learning more advanced Linux stuff? I wish I could contribute to Linux at my scale too.

I mean that the system is not running, fans are off but the PSU is on the "switched on" position. I guessthere is still some power running through the mobo.
That shouldn't be a problem but there's always still some power left even when your system isn't on, by unplugging all the power is eventually discharged and that probably did a reset of your wireless card. The fast way to discharge your system is to unplug your system and hold the power button for 60 seconds, I may have mentioned it earlier when referring to that other topic.
I am not on linux but I spent hours on this problem on a brand new Asus gaming laptop and I wish I could credit the original poster but it was a video that led me to this solution:

Hold down the power button for a full 60 seconds and it resets your bluetooth and wifi then restart. Completely fixed the issue for me.

Don'tcha hate when it turns out to be so easy?
That person basically did the same, not sure if they forgot to mention that they had to unplug the power from their system as well. Glad to hear it is solved now and your wifi works, you can removed that lts kernel I advised you to install in one of my other replies.

learning more advanced Linux stuff?
We have lots of tutorials on this site [sorry they do not appear in any order, but that's the way it is,]. Our associate site [run by our own KG111, linux-tips.us] has a lot of basic short tutorials, if you work in IT you probably know more than I.
Although,I go back to the days of the IBM compatible computers, I have never had any interest in programming, my interest was pulling things to bits, repairing and upgrading. I started playing with Linux in the mid/late 90's, going full time in 2000, so what coding I know , is what I have picked up since then

We have lots of tutorials on this site [sorry they do not appear in any order, but that's the way it is,]. Our associate site [run by our own KG111, linux-tips.us] has a lot of basic short tutorials, if you work in IT you probably know more than I.
Although,I go back to the days of the IBM compatible computers, I have never had any interest in programming, my interest was pulling things to bits, repairing and upgrading. I started playing with Linux in the mid/late 90's, going full time in 2000, so what coding I know , is what I have picked up since then
Alright thanks, I'll check these out! That's surprising you actually don't have interest in programming as it seems a lot of people running Linux actually have. Dang you have a lot of experience on Linux indeed! If I remember correctly the first kernel was in the early 90's.

first kernel was in the early 90's.
I think it was about 1992 it took off
That's surprising you actually don't have interest in programming

I remember playing with hexdec and Fortran but could never get my head round it. the final nail came when I was laid up, I spent 4 days copying a game in code from a book, then another 3 days going through it to try and find an error that stopped it loading,, that was it, the book went on the fire and I stuck to the engineering.

Members online