New Linux.org Feature: Credits

Hey guys,

I've just added a credit system on the site. We'll soon enable uses for the credits like raffles, contests, etc..

If you notice, you can see how many credits you have by looking under your name in any of your posts.

How do you earn credits?
  • Post new thread: 10 credits (plus 0.01 per character)
  • Post a reply on a thread: 5 credits (plus 0.01 per character)
  • Like a post: 1 credit
As always, thanks for being a part of Linux.org - see ya on the boards!
Just a question, why do you get more credits for creating a thread than replying to a thread? Usually the people answering are trying to help the TS with their question/problem, so I would think replies deserve more credits than thread starters.

When will we be able to spend our credits? Would it be possible to announce the raffles, contests, etc ahead of time that way we can choose what to save our credits for as in to see what the possible winning prizes are before spending our credits.
Any updates?

Can the credits feature on the forums be turned off if since there is no way to spend them?

Hey guys,

I've just added a credit system on the site. We'll soon enable uses for the credits like raffles, contests, etc..

If you notice, you can see how many credits you have by looking under your name in any of your posts.

How do you earn credits?
  • Post new thread: 10 credits (plus 0.01 per character)
  • Post a reply on a thread: 5 credits (plus 0.01 per character)
  • Like a post: 1 credit
As always, thanks for being a part of Linux.org - see ya on the boards!

I was wondering what the credit thing was about. I don't ask for much. If I can purchase a coffee and donut with mine, I would be quite content.

G'day @mrcrossroads ....good luck getting an answer to that question..... @Rob's original post was in Apr 29, 2020

The ongoing development of credits etc is probably 'in the works', but exactly how the works works I have no idea.

G'day @mrcrossroads ....good luck getting an answer to that question..... @Rob's original post was in Apr 29, 2020

The ongoing development of credits etc is probably 'in the works', but exactly how the works works I have no idea.

If he's using the DragonByte addon, it's not cheap. Doesn't seem worth paying for just to display a credit number that is essentially a meaningless number.

Staff online

Members online