New to the community. Looking for active online meets

IWas_ButNowIAm

Reaction score
Credits
Hey Everyone,
My name is Buju. I am new to the community and Linux OS. I have been teaching myself a lot However, there is so much to learn and with everyone so scared of this Covid virus there are no people getting together and meeting upon common interest like the olden days. It doesn't help that I am living in one of the lonliest places in the world, Jackson Hole, Wyoming. I am wondering if anyone knows of any online groiups or weekly meetings of linux people that are gathering to share there knowledge and opinions of utilizing such things. A band of geeks if you will. I am anxious to start learning and the self taught road is a long and messy one. Thanks and Namaste:)

Hello Buju, and welcome. I am also new, so don't have any recommendations other than this thread, but what distro are you using? If it's popular, you might find that something exists which relates to it directly.

G'day Buju, Welcome to Linux.org

My friend, you have found your online group....right here

1. All the members here are 'Linux People'....they come in all shapes and sizes, both male and female, they have vastly different levels of knowledge ranging from frighteningly superior to knowing absolutely nothing....and any 'level' you can name inbetween.

2. Every single one of them is online. Covid resistance at its best. Satisfies all the rules the world has.

3. We gather in one of the world's most friendly online forums that I know of. The inhabitants here are friendly to a fault.

Join in. Go to member introductions and introduce Buju to the community. Tell us about you. Maybe what you hope to achieve. What you may have already achieved. There is no right or wrong, no space limit...... just talk.

Condobloke.

Members online