No Boot Media Detected After Shrinking Home Partition

And it's fixed! Happy to be messaging this from Manjaro. Thanks a ton for the help. Y'all really saved me from losing an important file :)

Last edited:
That's wonderful news - I saw you were online a little over 4 hours ago, and I did not check to see if you had posted. :)

Take a break to catch your breath and get to know your Manjaro, and then if you will, we can run a "post-mortem" to see what is working how, whether there is better, and of course, safeguarding that video.

When you are ready. ;)

You have been very patient with these global timezone delays and my injuries and other commitments both in and out of this Forum, and I thank you for that.

Cheers

Chris

@wizardfromoz == ASIDE:
Getting well, wiz, is the main thing. Two root canals and two visits to chiropractor in the past three weeks, I can relate!

@YBtheS - g'day.

1. Have you copied (or preferably moved) that video to eg Windows or external storage? If not

2. How large is it and in what format, eg mp4, other?

Wiz

Sorry for responding so late.

1. No. I tried however Konsole says that the Windows partition is read-only.

2. Size: 712.3 MBs Format: .mkv

Good to see you are still with us, and well , I trust. :)

1. No. I tried however Konsole says that the Windows partition is read-only.

Quite possibly because your HDD is MBR and your other drive is UEFI - usually you could transfer files from Linux to Windows (but not the other way around).

If you want you could format a USB stick to NTFS or FAT32, copy the video to it, and then boot to Windows and import the file.

...whether there is better,

... would include implementing my Option 2 from #33, if or when you get tired of having to reboot and change the boot order to swap from Windows to Manjaro, and back.

Other tweaks would be

1. To install and enable a firewall for Manjaro (this is not done by default in most Linux) and
  2. Install and make use of Timeshift for System Restoration.
Cheers

Wizard

Quite possibly because your HDD is MBR and your other drive is UEFI - usually you could transfer files from Linux to Windows (but not the other way around).
It doesn't work on the NTFS partition that is on the same drive as Linux either.

... would include implementing my Option 2 from #33, if or when you get tired of having to reboot and change the boot order to swap from Windows to Manjaro, and back.
This isn't really a big problem for me honestly.
  1. To install and enable a firewall for Manjaro (this is not done by default in most Linux) and
  2. Install and make use of Timeshift for System Restoration.
Sounds good, I'll do that

Members online